Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Vladimir Kotov

Default RFS: Autocomplete

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "autocomplete".

* Package name : autocomplete
Version : 1.5.1-1
Upstream Author : Robert Futrell
* License : LGPL
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libautocomplete-java - Java library for auto-completion in text component
libautocomplete-java-doc - Java library for auto-completion in text
component (documentation

The upload would fix these bugs: 619046

My motivation for maintaining this package is: It is a dependency of
Syntax Plugin for SQuirreL SQL Client that I am trying to package for
Debian.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/autocomplete/autocomplete_1.5.1-1.dsc

Debian Java SVN repository:
Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete/

Kind regards
Vladimir Kotov

Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-05-08 01:20, Vladimir Kotov wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "autocomplete".
>
> * Package name : autocomplete
> Version : 1.5.1-1
> Upstream Author : Robert Futrell
> * License : LGPL
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libautocomplete-java - Java library for auto-completion in text component
> libautocomplete-java-doc - Java library for auto-completion in text
> component (documentation

> The upload would fix these bugs: 619046
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: It is a dependency of
> Syntax Plugin for SQuirreL SQL Client that I am trying to package for
> Debian.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/autocomplete/autocomplete_1.5.1-1.dsc
>
> Debian Java SVN repository:
> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete
> Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete/

> Kind regards
> Vladimir Kotov

Hi

The license of the png files are not clear to me. I read
distfiles/readme.txt and it suggests that only the arrow icons are under
CC 3.0, but the debian/copyright says all png files are under that
license. But what about bullet_black.png and osx_sizegrip.png?

My comment about license of debian packaging (particular debian/patches)
from rsyntaxtextarea also holds for this package. So does the new
Standards-Version comment.

Otherwise this looks good,
~Niels

Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Vladimir Kotov

Hi,

On 05/10/2011 01:20 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:

> The license of the png files are not clear to me. I read
> distfiles/readme.txt and it suggests that only the arrow icons are under
> CC 3.0, but the debian/copyright says all png files are under that
> license. But what about bullet_black.png and osx_sizegrip.png?

Fixed licensing info in d/copyright related to arrow icons.
Thank you for noticing this error. I assume bullet_black.png and
osx_sizegrip.png are be under LGPL-2.1+ then.

> My comment about license of debian packaging (particular debian/patches)
> from rsyntaxtextarea also holds for this package. So does the new
> Standards-Version comment.

Fixed.

Vladimir Kotov, vladimir at kotov.lv

Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Niels Thykier

Old 05-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Vladimir Kotov

Hi,

>> The license of the png files are not clear to me. I read
>> distfiles/readme.txt and it suggests that only the arrow icons are under
>> CC 3.0, but the debian/copyright says all png files are under that
>> license. But what about bullet_black.png and osx_sizegrip.png?
[...]
> It is also possible that the documentation is outdated (that has
> happened countless of times); could you please contact upstream and ask
> if these files were made by them or downloaded like the arrow icons?
> If it is the latter we will probably need to quote their email unless
> they do a new release soon with the updated documentation.
[...]

The upstream was kind enough to update the documentation with
information about these icons in their vcs (no new release currently).
I have added additional info to d/copyright (concerning icons and two
other source files with previously missing license headers).

Vladimir Kotov, vladimir at kotov.lv

Old 05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2011-05-29 02:35, Vladimir Kotov wrote:
> Hi,

Hey,

>>> The license of the png files are not clear to me. I read
>>> distfiles/readme.txt and it suggests that only the arrow icons are under
>>> CC 3.0, but the debian/copyright says all png files are under that
>>> license. But what about bullet_black.png and osx_sizegrip.png?
> [...]
>> It is also possible that the documentation is outdated (that has
>> happened countless of times); could you please contact upstream and ask
>> if these files were made by them or downloaded like the arrow icons?
>> If it is the latter we will probably need to quote their email unless
>> they do a new release soon with the updated documentation.
> [...]
>
> The upstream was kind enough to update the documentation with
> information about these icons in their vcs (no new release currently).
> I have added additional info to d/copyright (concerning icons and two
> other source files with previously missing license headers).

Nice.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/autocomplete/autocomplete_1.5.1-1.dsc
> Debian Java SVN repository:
> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete

As I understand the readme the bullet_black.png file is created by Mark
James (like arrow_left and arrow_right)[1], so Mark should be a
copyright holder as I understand it. Though I am a bit hazy on whether
or not Robert Futrell should be listed in Copyright as well since he has
edited it.

~Niels

[1] """... edited version of "bullet_black.png" in the Silk icon set
noted above."""

Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Vladimir Kotov

Hi,

> As I understand the readme the bullet_black.png file is created by Mark
> James (like arrow_left and arrow_right)[1], so Mark should be a
> copyright holder as I understand it. Though I am a bit hazy on whether
> or not Robert Futrell should be listed in Copyright as well since he has
> edited it.

I have added Mark to copyright holders of bullet_black.png in d/copyright
with additional comment "This is a Robert Futrell's edited version of
the bullet_black.png by Mark James"
following directions for attribution of a derivative use of a work from [1].

Thanks

[1] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking/Users

Vladimir Kotov, vladimir at kotov.lv