Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 AM
James Page

Default Java related sessions at the Ubuntu Developer Summit next week.

Hi All

If anyone is interested I'm running a few Java related sessions at the
Ubuntu Developer Summit next week (see [1]). All sessions are set-up so
that people can participate remotely (see [0]).

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-o-java

and switching default-java, general Java library housekeeping.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-o-jasmine

from ow2) and potential for packaging alongside JOnAS.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-o-jonas

Server and current issues with JEE test compatibility with
OpenJDK.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-o-tomcat7-packaging

universe (and Debian...)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-o-jenkins

prior to commencing work on getting this package set into Debian
and Ubuntu.

I've also been asked to run a session on package OpenGROK - someone has
a crazy idea about having a code.ubuntu.com so its easy to search the
archive. Not really looked at this in detail yet but noticed that this
has been looked at in Debian in the past...

I appreciate that some of these session might be Ubuntu oriented but I
will try to feed as much of any resulting work back to Debian where
possible.

Cheers

James

P.S. Thanks to Miguel for poking me to send this email....

[0] http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/remote/
[1] http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-o/

--
James Page