Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Default Maven3 packaging status ?

Hi,

FTR, a wiki page has been setup by Matthias Schmitz regarding Maven3 packaging
and missing/outdated dependencies :
https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3

Torsten Werner had also started to update some packages (maven3 reverse
dependencies) :
https://launchpad.net/~twerner/+archive/maven

Could someone provide me with updated status ?
Missing packages ?
Outdated one ?

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Ludovic Claude

Hello,

I have created a team of people interested in packagin Maven 3 on Launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~maven3-debian-packagers
Currently, the team is not really active, and I've been overwhelmed with
work lately, but there is a good deal of work in progress however.

I have updated this wiki page as well: https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Maven3

There is an important piece of work to complete before throwing our
efforts into packaging: we should work on maven-debian-helper and in
particular make the mh_make tool more robust and able to work on all
kind of Maven projects, after this work packaging will be much more
pleasant and quick. I want also to switch to using dh 7 instead of cdbs
when building Maven packages, as dh 7 has lots of traction and it's
faster and easier to debug than cdbs.

Ludovic