FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Sebastian Humenda
 
Default OpenOffice SDK

Hello,

I'm trying to create a package of a program which uses the OpenOffice.org SDK.
This can be downloaded from
http://download.openoffice.org/sdk/index.html
I have installed openoffice.org-dev for this purpose.
When I'm now trying to build my program, it cannot find the class
com.sun.star.registry.XRegistryKey and hence I've tried to find the correct path
to add it to the class path. In /usr/share/idl/openoffice/ the directory
structure seems almost correct, except for the ending of XRegistryKey.idl, which
is some sort of header file, I guess. But I cannot find the *.class-files to set
the correct class path.
Am I missing something or is my whole understanding of this class path wrong? Or
is maybe what I'm searching for not in Debian?

Many thanks!
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://freedict.org/dict?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu
More languages | mehr Sprachen: http://www.freedict.org


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110423174428.GE20081@krustenbook">http://lists.debian.org/20110423174428.GE20081@krustenbook
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:00 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"
 
Default OpenOffice SDK

Le Saturday 23 April 2011 19:44:28, Sebastian Humenda a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm trying to create a package of a program which uses the OpenOffice.org
> SDK. This can be downloaded from
> http://download.openoffice.org/sdk/index.html
> I have installed openoffice.org-dev for this purpose.

In Java work, there is no -dev/shared lib difference. I don't know if OpenOffice
debian package provide a packaged SDK.

> When I'm now trying to build my program, it cannot find the class
> com.sun.star.registry.XRegistryKey and hence I've tried to find the correct
> path to add it to the class path. In /usr/share/idl/openoffice/ the
> directory structure seems almost correct, except for the ending of
> XRegistryKey.idl, which is some sort of header file, I guess. But I cannot
> find the *.class-files to set the correct class path.
> Am I missing something or is my whole understanding of this class path
> wrong? Or is maybe what I'm searching for not in Debian?

In Java packages, class files are packaged in archives named JAR (so with .jar
file extension). You can use this to find your missing class :

$> wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz
$> zgrep XRegistryKey jar-content.txt.gz
ure main usr/share/java/ridl.jar com/sun/star/registry/XRegistryKey.class

So you have to Build-Depends on "ure" package and add /usr/share/java/ridl.jar
to you build classpath.

Regards,
--
Damien
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Torsten Werner
 
Default OpenOffice SDK

Hi Sebastian,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de> wrote:
> When I'm now trying to build my program, it cannot find the class
> com.sun.star.registry.XRegistryKey and hence I've tried to find the correct path
> to add it to the class path. In /usr/share/idl/openoffice/ the directory
> structure seems almost correct, except for the ending of XRegistryKey.idl, which
> is some sort of header file, I guess. But I cannot find the *.class-files to set
> the correct class path.

you can find the class in /usr/share/java/ridl.jar which is part of
the package ure. You can zgrep through
http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz to find
more classes.

Cheers,
Torsten


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: BANLkTimsKs1_BQVLEECy+enig_U0AqMTnQ@mail.gmail.com ">http://lists.debian.org/BANLkTimsKs1_BQVLEECy+enig_U0AqMTnQ@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Sebastian Humenda
 
Default OpenOffice SDK

Hi Damien,

Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote on Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 08:00:44PM +0200:
>> When I'm now trying to build my program, it cannot find the class
>> com.sun.star.registry.XRegistryKey and hence I've tried to find the correct
>> path to add it to the class path. In /usr/share/idl/openoffice/ the
>> directory structure seems almost correct, except for the ending of
>> XRegistryKey.idl, which is some sort of header file, I guess. But I cannot
>> find the *.class-files to set the correct class path.
>> Am I missing something or is my whole understanding of this class path
>> wrong? Or is maybe what I'm searching for not in Debian?
>
>In Java packages, class files are packaged in archives named JAR (so with .jar
>file extension). You can use this to find your missing class :
>
>$> wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz
>$> zgrep XRegistryKey jar-content.txt.gz
>ure main usr/share/java/ridl.jar com/sun/star/registry/XRegistryKey.class
Thanks for this.
But although ure is installed (Squeeze) and apt-file show does show it, there is
no "/usr/share/java/ridl.jar". It does however work with
"/usr/sharejava/openoffice/ridl.jar". It's just weird that the file shown by
apt-file is not installed by aptitude.
Anyway, it works.

Thanks for helping out
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://freedict.org/dict?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu
More languages | mehr Sprachen: http://www.freedict.org


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110423185344.GF20081@krustenbook">http://lists.debian.org/20110423185344.GF20081@krustenbook
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:37 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org