Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Andreas Tille

Default Help with maven based package needed (dcm4che)

Hi,

I have a question to the next Java package for the Debian Med Blend.
The preliminary packaging stuff is available at

svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcm4che/trunk

The rules file is featuring a get-orig-source target so you can easily
obtain the source tarball. The build is running into the following
error:

[INFO] [jar:jar {execution: default-jar}]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error assembling JAR

Embedded error: Manifest file: /tmp/buildd/dcm4che-2.0.25/dcm4che-audit/target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not exist.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Kind regards

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Andreas Tille

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 06:00:16PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> In the maven Jar creation step, a Manifest description should be present. Maybe it refers a Manifest file instead of specifying its contents dynamically. Either Manifest file is not present at all, or it is in src but not copied in target dir (compilation copies only java classes, not other files).

Your analysis makes sense because I at first created the packaging stuff
using maven_helper. Afterwards I fetched an independent source archive
via uscan which was not prepared with maven_helper and thus might be
missing those files.

But what will be the solution for this problem? I'd consider the uscan
method to get the source as "my prefered way to go". Is it possible to
tweak this Manifest file in via a quilt patch somehow?

Kind regards

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Olivier Sallou

Hi,
pom should be patched I think to specify yourself the Manifest data.
Unfortunatly, this week I am not at home/work, I can't have a look (intermittent internet access).

I can have a look next week if you want.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Andreas,

your package needs the maven-bundle-plugin which in not packaged yet.

Am 19.04.2011 18:12, schrieb Andreas Tille:
> But what will be the solution for this problem?

You could try to package maven-bundle-plugin or patch out the
maven-jar-plugin configuration from the top leven pom.xml.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Andreas Tille

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 07:26:55PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> You could try to package maven-bundle-plugin

Did you noticed that I'd call myself a beginner in maven and Java
issues? :-) If I can avoid taking even more packages I'd stay
avway from such tasks.

> or patch out the
> maven-jar-plugin configuration from the top leven pom.xml.

This made some progress in the build process but later another
error:

998 [main] WARN org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtils - error closing org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtilsTest$1: org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtilsTest$1@2e958bb8
java.io.IOException: deliberate
at org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtilsTest$1.close(CloseUtil sTest.java:63)
at org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtils.safeClose(CloseUtils. java:65)
at org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtilsTest.testCloseCloseabl eIOException(CloseUtilsTest.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164 )
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130 )
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.ja va:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult .java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109 )
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:2 30)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execu te(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryT estSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite .java:140)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryT estSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:1 27)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.ja va:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.ru nSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:345)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.ma in(SurefireBooter.java:1009)
1019 [main] WARN org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtils - error closing org.dcm4che2.util.CloseUtilsTest$2: Socket[unconnected]

I have the gut feeling that this has something to do with networking
stuff which is probably not setup in a pbuilder environment. Could
somebody confirm this and if yes where do I have to seek for the
test in question to disable it?

Kind regards

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Did you noticed that I'd call myself a beginner in maven and Java
> issues? :-) *If I can avoid taking even more packages I'd stay
> avway from such tasks.

that means it is a perfect time to learn something and become an expert!

> I have the gut feeling that this has something to do with networking
> stuff which is probably not setup in a pbuilder environment. *Could
> somebody confirm this and if yes where do I have to seek for the
> test in question to disable it?

See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/skipping-test.html
but you can simply add a line
maven.test.skip=true