Old 04-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Onkar Shinde

Default RFS: jakarta-jmeter 2.4-1

Hi,

I am looking for sponsorship for latest version of jmeter. The
packaging changes have been committed to pkg-java svn. The
get-orig-source target in debian/rules should give .orig.tar.gz. But
if you want me to upload source package mentos.d.n then please let me
know.

Latest changelog for reference.
jakarta-jmeter (2.4-1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream version.
* debian/control
- Add default-jdk-doc to build depends to link against java api docs.
- Change build-dep junit -> junit4 as application supports junit4 features
now. Change runtime dependency accordingly.
- Update short description of all modules.
- Standards version 3.9.1. No change needed.
* debian/rules, debian/wrappers/jmeter
- Updates and fixes for build dependencies/properties and runtime
dependencies.
* debian/jmeter.install, debian/jmeter.properties
- Use upstream provided file. So our own blank file removed.
* debian/patches/
- 01_fix_batik_imports.patch - Remove. Not used since last version.
- 02_disable_components.patch - Refreshed as per current source.
- 03_fix_jtidy_call.patch - Remove. No needed anymore.
- 04_files_from_upstream.patch - Remove. Not needed anymore.
* debian/source/format
- Source format 3.0 (quilt).
* debian/README.source
- Not needed anymore with source format 3.0.

-- Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@ubuntu.com> Sat, 16 Apr 2011 20:27:21 +0530

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
tony mancill

Hi Onkar,

Thank you for packaging JMeter 2.4. I will sponsor the upload - the SVN repo is
fine.

Cheers,
tony

Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Onkar Shinde

On 4/17/11, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Onkar,
>
> Thank you for packaging JMeter 2.4. I will sponsor the upload - the SVN
> repo is
> fine.

I just realized I forgot to remove quilt build-dep and
patchsys-quilt.mk from rules file. Seeing that you have already
uploaded package I will fix this in next upload.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Vincent Fourmond

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/11, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi Onkar,
>>
>> Thank you for packaging JMeter 2.4. *I will sponsor the upload - the SVN
>> repo is
>> fine.
>
> I just realized I forgot to remove quilt build-dep and
> patchsys-quilt.mk from rules file. Seeing that you have already
> uploaded package I will fix this in next upload.

Hmmm... You really should consider using source format 3.0 (quilt)
[1]. The "outer" patchsystems are all obsolete now that dpkg-source
supports patching at extract time.

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] if you want some more information: http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0

Old 04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Onkar Shinde

On 4/17/11, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/17/11, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Onkar,
>>>
>>> Thank you for packaging JMeter 2.4. I will sponsor the upload - the SVN
>>> repo is
>>> fine.
>>
>> I just realized I forgot to remove quilt build-dep and
>> patchsys-quilt.mk from rules file. Seeing that you have already
>> uploaded package I will fix this in next upload.
>
> Hmmm... You really should consider using source format 3.0 (quilt)
> [1]. The "outer" patchsystems are all obsolete now that dpkg-source
> supports patching at extract time.

I did switch jmeter package to 3.0 format with this upload. But I
forgot to remove the quilt build-dep and the patchsys file reference.
:-(