Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Alexander Holupirek

Default RFS: BaseX - Native XML Database

Hi,

I updated my Debian package for BaseX to the new upstream version 6.6.1
BaseX is a native XML database written in Java without any further dependencies.
I have done packaging using the maven-helper tools.

In first place, I would appreciate any feedback on how I could improve the package.
Furthermore I'm looking for a sponsor for the package, if there is any interest.

The files are available from both

http://files.basex.org/debian/
and
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/basex/

The upstream sources are hosted on github
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex

The debian files can be cloned from
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex-dist/tree/master/linux/debian

In case you are visiting the Linuxtag 2011 in Berlin, there is an 1 hour talk on BaseX, it is scheduled May 13, 11:00 - 12:00 (Room Europa II) [1].
Getting in touch with DDs there would be awesome.

Kind regards,
Alex

[1]
http://www.linuxtag.org/2011/de/program/freies-vortragsprogramm/rednerliste/vortragsdetails.html?talkid=383