-   -   RFS: processing-core (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/512252-rfs-processing-core.html)

Andrew Ross 04-10-2011 09:03 AM

RFS: processing-core

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "processing-core".

* Package name : processing-core
Version : 1.2.1-1
Upstream Author : Ben Fry, Casey Reas and others
* License : LGPL-2.1
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libprocessing-core-java - Java animation and interaction library

The upload would fix these bugs: 621920

My motivation for maintaining this package is: It is a dependency for
Gephi which I plan to package soon.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/processing-core/processing-core_1.2.1-1.dsc

It is also in the Debian Java SVN repository:
Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/processing-core
Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-java/trunk/processing-core/

Kind regards
Andrew Ross

tony mancill 04-10-2011 06:56 PM

RFS: processing-core

Hi Andrew,

I've looked at the package and will sponsor the upload. One thing I think would
be good to address is the get-orig-source target in debian/rules. It can't be
called directly - instead it only passes the necessary arguments to orig-tar.sh
when it is invoked from uscan by way of the watch file.

According to Policy [1], you should be able to call the target directly. I
believe you can simply call uscan in that target in order to make use of the
watch file, as in the example on the Ubuntu packaging guide wiki [2].

Cheers,
tony

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Examples/ChangingTheOrigTarball

Andrew Ross 04-10-2011 07:22 PM

RFS: processing-core

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking a look at the package. I've updated the copy in the
Debian Java SVN repository as you suggest. I'd originally hard coded the
version etc in orig-tar.sh but then changed it when I decided how to
handle the uscan and download from svn.

Let me know if you'd like me to update the copy on mentors.

Thanks,
Andrew