Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Zied ABID

Default Apache Derby packaging ( Was Free package of Apache Derby?)

> I'll try do package it as soon as possible.

I have some questions :

- Trying to checkup derby dependencies, I didn't find 2 libs in Debian :
geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4, jakarta-oro-2.0.8. Some one is already
packaging them ?

- There are several internal jars for testing derby (for example
dcl_emc1.jar, dcl_emc21.jar ... at [1]). What is the java policy
position front of these jars ?

- On packaging, the test stape must be done? (if yes) how/When ?

Thanks,
Zied

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/tags/10.7.1.1/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/

Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Onkar Shinde

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Zied ABID <ziedabid@free.fr> wrote:

>> I'll try do package it as soon as possible.
>
> I have some questions :
>
> - Trying to checkup derby dependencies, I didn't find 2 libs in Debian :
> geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4, jakarta-oro-2.0.8. Some one is already
> packaging them ?

The package for jakarta-oro is liboro-java. I believe that
libservlet2.5-java should satisfy the dependency of
geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4, but you will have to confirm that.

> - There are several internal jars for testing derby (for example
> dcl_emc1.jar, dcl_emc21.jar ... at [1]). What is the java policy
> position front of these jars ?
>
> - On packaging, the test stape must be done? (if yes) how/When ?

It is recommended that unit tests be enabled during build process. But
if something is blocking that then you can proceed with disabling them
as of now.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.