Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Matthias Klose

Default java status on the ports

Besides m68k hopelessly being behind we do have serious problems on
alpha, arm and hppa.

- on arm, the bytecode compiler (ecj) doesn't produce correct code.
there is currently a workaround to build the package on arm using
byte-compiled code built on another architecture. Aurelian has
more information on that issue. Afaik not a problem on armel.

- on alpha, we do have testsuite failures, leading to a non-working
interpreter (see http://bugs.debian.org/464156). We can build
gcj-4.3 and ecj, but nothing more (if ecj is built with gcj-4.3).

- on hppa, we do see bus errors trying to run the interpreter, plus
new testsuite failure (see http://bugs.debian.org/464160).

Any help to fix these ports is appreciated, having a replacment for
gcj on these archs is fine as well.

Test results on all other architectures look fine.

Matthias