Old 02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Matthias Klose

Default Setting goals for Wheezy

On 08.02.2011 18:06, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

Le mardi 08 février 2011 à 17:07 +0100, Torsten Werner a écrit :

Hi,
- Find code duplication. Dak may help as soon as it has package contents
in its database.

Great news!

- OpenJDK 7?

With Tom Marble, we would like to propose a GSOC about jigsaw.

could you elaborate? jigsaw isn't part of OpenJDK 7. shouldn't this kind of
work better be done within OpenJDK?

Matthias

Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Sylvestre Ledru

Le mardi 15 février 2011 à 18:00 +0100, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> On 08.02.2011 18:06, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > Le mardi 08 février 2011 à 17:07 +0100, Torsten Werner a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >> - Find code duplication. Dak may help as soon as it has package contents
> >> in its database.
> > Great news!
> >
> >> - OpenJDK 7?
> > With Tom Marble, we would like to propose a GSOC about jigsaw.
>
> could you elaborate? jigsaw isn't part of OpenJDK 7. shouldn't this kind of
> work better be done within OpenJDK?
We are planning to do it in OpenJDK in the related branch.
We are aware it is planned for Java 8. However since it is important
changes and upstream is already using deb, we believe it is interesting
to be part of the process asap.
FYI, I published the proposal here:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/Jigsaw

Sylvestre

Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Matthias Klose

On 16.02.2011 17:15, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

[...]

thanks! and +1

Matthias