Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Gabriele Giacone

Default RFS: jme - high performance scenegraph based graphics java API

Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Niels Thykier

Old 07-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Gabriele Giacone

Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Niels Thykier

On 2010-07-04 20:32, Gabriele Giacone wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> On 07/04/2010 02:28 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> [...] I am not a DD [...]
> Next month?

mmm... maybe

>> The javadoc is not linking against system javadocs, please link it
>> against the javadoc of the packages it build against (if these provide a
>> javadoc). The doc package should also recommend on the packages
>> providing the javadocs it has linked against.
> Fixed. I should take a look at other packages.

Actually you may want to wait a bit. We have been working on upgrading
javahelper to assist you with this task - to be honest with you I am
quite pleased with the result so far.

Keep an eye out for javahelper 0.32

>> Also, the binary packages have a lintian warning (v2.4.2)
>> W: libjme-java: copyright-refers-to-deprecated-bsd-license-file
> Now also lintian 2.4.2 is happy.
>
>> NB: Linking with ant is done by adding <link> tags inside the javadoc.
>> See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/ch4.html#s4.4 for
>> more info.
>
>> You may also need to add the jars to the classpath of javadoc so it can
>> resolve the classes (not sure if it can do that by a link alone or not).
> I added them to classpath and now javadoc finds all symbols.
>
> What about adding lintian checks for javadoc not linked to system
> javadoc and packages/symbols not found? Does it worth?
>

> Thanks for your review.
> Gabriele

I think the problem with the lintian check is that it might be hard to
do without false positives, but it is definitely an idea. Well, it is
possible to check if it reference *a* system installed javadoc, but
checking it is linked against them all is rather difficult (especially
because lintian does not know which libraries have javadocs and which do
not).

~Niels