FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Shaun Jackman
 
Default Colt (RFP)

Hi,

I'm packaging the Integrative Genomics Viewer for Debian, and it
depends on Colt, which is "a set of Open Source Libraries for High
Performance Scientific and Technical Computing in Java".
http://acs.lbl.gov/software/colt/

Would the Debian-Java packaging team be able to package this
dependency for me? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTilNrBNTn1ALfD9XMlH9p3AL39_h5lByjXpFMYjf@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTilNrBNTn1ALfD9XMlH9p3AL39_h5lByjXpFMYjf@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Torsten Werner
 
Default Colt (RFP)

Hi Shaun,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm packaging the Integrative Genomics Viewer for Debian, and it
> depends on Colt, which is "a set of Open Source Libraries for High
> Performance Scientific and Technical Computing in Java".
> http://acs.lbl.gov/software/colt/

nice

> Would the Debian-Java packaging team be able to package this
> dependency for me? It would be much appreciated.

I don't think so. But you are welcome to join the Java packaging team
and start packaging colt. I am sure there are people that can help you
if you have questions.

Cheers,
Torsten


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTim3jNYvdRb69IAyo1UrV0tykFXq10mDeYjTqQHx@mail .gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTim3jNYvdRb69IAyo1UrV0tykFXq10mDeYjTqQHx@mail .gmail.com
 
Old 07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Shaun Jackman
 
Default Colt (RFP)

Hi Tony,

You have impeccable timing. I just packaged Colt (libcolt-java)
yesterday. The git repository is here:
git+ssh://alioth.debian.org/git/debian-med/igv.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/colt.git

I'd appreciate any eyes that would like to look it over. I am a DD,
but thanks anyway for the sponsorship offer.

Colt includes some source files from a HEP AIDA implementation, which
are non-free (LGPL except military), although the rest of Colt is
DFSG. There's a free implementation of HEP AIDA, FreeHEP JAIDA, here:
http://java.freehep.org/jaida/

Other libfreehep-*-java packages are packaged for Debian, but not JAIDA.

Cheers,
Shaun

On 9 July 2010 22:25, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello Shaun,
>
> I took a quick look at this library and believe it shouldn't be too
> tough. *Have you made any progress packaging it? *I could help with
> sponsoring.
>
> Cheers,
> Tony
>
> On 06/17/2010 11:04 AM, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm packaging the Integrative Genomics Viewer for Debian, and it
>> depends on Colt, which is "a set of Open Source Libraries for High
>> Performance Scientific and Technical Computing in Java".
>> http://acs.lbl.gov/software/colt/
>>
>> Would the Debian-Java packaging team be able to package this
>> dependency for me? It would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shaun
>>
>>
>
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTikIO4ch_hkex-oRrPxcxOISifSzJ2gTa75TWIOG@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTikIO4ch_hkex-oRrPxcxOISifSzJ2gTa75TWIOG@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Shaun Jackman
 
Default Colt (RFP)

Hi,

I've uploaded colt (libcolt-java) to Debian. Thanks for your help,
Charles! I've pushed changes to the IGV git repository to depend on
libcolt-java.

Cheers,
Shaun

On 10 July 2010 11:28, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> You have impeccable timing. I just packaged Colt (libcolt-java)
> yesterday. The git repository is here:
> git+ssh://alioth.debian.org/git/debian-med/igv.git
> http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/colt.git
>
> I'd appreciate any eyes that would like to look it over. I am a DD,
> but thanks anyway for the sponsorship offer.
>
> Colt includes some source files from a HEP AIDA implementation, which
> are non-free (LGPL except military), although the rest of Colt is
> DFSG. There's a free implementation of HEP AIDA, FreeHEP JAIDA, here:
> http://java.freehep.org/jaida/
>
> Other libfreehep-*-java packages are packaged for Debian, but not JAIDA.
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun
>
> On 9 July 2010 22:25, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hello Shaun,
>>
>> I took a quick look at this library and believe it shouldn't be too
>> tough. *Have you made any progress packaging it? *I could help with
>> sponsoring.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tony
>>
>> On 06/17/2010 11:04 AM, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm packaging the Integrative Genomics Viewer for Debian, and it
>>> depends on Colt, which is "a set of Open Source Libraries for High
>>> Performance Scientific and Technical Computing in Java".
>>> http://acs.lbl.gov/software/colt/
>>>
>>> Would the Debian-Java packaging team be able to package this
>>> dependency for me? It would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shaun
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTimfSxVm-JteJjdHvfh-klDQRT3p6yxnpQlufC0M@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTimfSxVm-JteJjdHvfh-klDQRT3p6yxnpQlufC0M@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org