Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Miguel Landaeta

Default RFS: sdo-api-java (new package, needed to package EclipseLink)

Hi team,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "sdo-api-java".

* Package name : sdo-api-java
Version : 1.1.1-1
Upstream Author : Oracle, Sun Microsystems, BEA, Apache Software Foundation and others
* License : Apache-2.0 and other
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libsdo-api-java - Service Data Objects 2.1 Java API spec
libsdo-api-java-doc - Documentation for libsdo-api-java

The package is lintian clean.
The upload would fix these bugs: 584159

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
This library is needed to package EclipseLink.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sdo-api-java/sdo-api-java_1.1.1-1.dsc
- Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/sdo-api-java.git

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Niels Thykier

Miguel Landaeta wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "sdo-api-java".
>
> * Package name : sdo-api-java
> Version : 1.1.1-1
> Upstream Author : Oracle, Sun Microsystems, BEA, Apache Software Foundation and others
> * License : Apache-2.0 and other
> Section : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libsdo-api-java - Service Data Objects 2.1 Java API spec
> libsdo-api-java-doc - Documentation for libsdo-api-java
>
> The package is lintian clean.
> The upload would fix these bugs: 584159
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
> This library is needed to package EclipseLink.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sdo-api-java/sdo-api-java_1.1.1-1.dsc
> - Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/sdo-api-java.git

> Regards,

Hi

Thanks for looking into packaging EclipseLink and its dependencies, it
is much appreciated it.

I had a quick look at sdo-api-java and I noticed that it has an empty
manifest. Usually eclipse projects requires OSGi-metadata in the
manifests or else they will not touch the libraries.
EclipseLink may use a "Bundle-Classpath" (or so) in their manifest,
which means they embed the entire jar file into their jar. This allows
them to use the jar even if it does not have OSGi-metadata, but it is
suboptimal for Debian.
In this case we should patch EclipseLink to use it as an external jar
(I can help you with that when the time comes).