Old 05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Onkar Shinde

Default Multiple versions of libasm*-java

Hi all,

We currently have three versions of libasm*-java in repositories each
one corresponding to specific major version form upstream. The
packages are libasm-java, libasm2-java, libasm3-java. A quick look at
upstream download page tells that only version 3.x is being
maintained.
Unless there are backward compatibility problem with 3.x version
should we start working on the migration of (build)-rdeps of old
versions?

(build)-rdeps of libasm-java in main
libjmock-java/jmock
libaspectwerkz2-java/aspectwerkz2

(build)-rdeps of libasm2-java in main
Reverse Depends:
libxbean-java
libspring-core-2.5-java/libspring-2.5-java
libjasperreports-java/jasperreports
jardiff
libcommons-jci-java/commons-jci
substance
ow-util-ant-tasks
liblaf-widget-java

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Onkar,

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless there are backward compatibility problem with 3.x version
> should we start working on the migration of (build)-rdeps of old
> versions?

yes we should. Thanks for the list. That might be a job for the Debian
Miniconf in june...

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le mardi 25 mai 2010 13:25:11, Onkar Shinde a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi Onkar,

> We currently have three versions of libasm*-java in repositories each
> one corresponding to specific major version form upstream. The
> packages are libasm-java, libasm2-java, libasm3-java. A quick look at
> upstream download page tells that only version 3.x is being
> maintained.
> Unless there are backward compatibility problem with 3.x version
> should we start working on the migration of (build)-rdeps of old
> versions?
> (build)-rdeps of libasm2-java in main
> Reverse Depends:
[...]
> libspring-core-2.5-java/libspring-2.5-java
[...]

From my last build test neither libspring-2.5-java nor libspring-java (3.0)
can be built with libasm3-java (fail to build with errors regarding
ClassVisitor interface, IIRC).

Don't take it as a -1 against your proposal, but it's a "call for patch" on
those libspring-* packages before RM old ASM packages

Cheers,
--
Damien

Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Miguel Landaeta

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> From my last build test neither libspring-2.5-java nor libspring-java (3.0)
> can be built with libasm3-java (fail to build with errors regarding
> ClassVisitor interface, IIRC).
>
> Don't take it as a -1 against your proposal, but it's a "call for patch" on
> those libspring-* packages before RM old ASM packages

The same happens with libeclipselink-java. It Build-Depends on
libasm-java and libasm2-java. If you try to build it with only libasm2-java
or with libasm3-java it fails with similar errors (asm.CodeVisitor and
asm.Constants are not found among other errors).

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at gmail.com
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 06-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Onkar Shinde

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
<snip>
> From my last build test neither libspring-2.5-java nor libspring-java (3.0)
> can be built with libasm3-java (fail to build with errors regarding
> ClassVisitor interface, IIRC).
>
> Don't take it as a -1 against your proposal, but it's a "call for patch" on
> those libspring-* packages before RM old ASM packages
</snip>

The problem was with changed API of ClassReader. After going through
the API differences bet 2.x and 3.x version as mentioned at [1] I was
able to produce the patch. The changes have been committed to pkg-java
svn. Can you please upload the package?
Please note that I have also added a new package
libspring-aspects-2.5-java. So it will go through binary NEW queue.

Onkar

Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Onkar Shinde

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> From my last build test neither libspring-2.5-java nor libspring-java (3.0)
>> can be built with libasm3-java (fail to build with errors regarding
>> ClassVisitor interface, IIRC).
>>
>> Don't take it as a -1 against your proposal, but it's a "call for patch" on
>> those libspring-* packages before RM old ASM packages
> </snip>
>
> The problem was with changed API of ClassReader. After going through
> the API differences bet 2.x and 3.x version as mentioned at [1] I was
> able to produce the patch. The changes have been committed to pkg-java
> svn. Can you please upload the package?
> Please note that I have also added a new package
> libspring-aspects-2.5-java. So it will go through binary NEW queue.

Oops. The link to API differences details is
http://asm.ow2.org/jdiff223to30/changes.html

Onkar

Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le mardi 15 juin 2010 10:15:43, Onkar Shinde a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
> > wrote: <snip>
> >
> >> From my last build test neither libspring-2.5-java nor libspring-java
> >> (3.0) can be built with libasm3-java (fail to build with errors
> >> regarding ClassVisitor interface, IIRC).
> >>
> >> Don't take it as a -1 against your proposal, but it's a "call for patch"
> >> on those libspring-* packages before RM old ASM packages
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > The problem was with changed API of ClassReader. After going through
> > the API differences bet 2.x and 3.x version as mentioned at [1] I was
> > able to produce the patch. The changes have been committed to pkg-java
> > svn. Can you please upload the package?
> > Please note that I have also added a new package
> > libspring-aspects-2.5-java. So it will go through binary NEW queue.

Thanks for your patch!
Uploaded to unstable.

> Oops. The link to API differences details is
> http://asm.ow2.org/jdiff223to30/changes.html

I'll look at your link to make patch for my Spring 3.x package (still WiP...)

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan