FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Giovanni Mascellani
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Hi all.

I made a big mistake with libjgrapht0.8-java: I forgot to rename the
source package from libjgrapht-java to libjgrapht0.8-java. Fortunately
the package got in NEW, so I just wrote an email to FTP masters, asking
for REJECTing it. This is necessary, because otherwise the 0.8 version
would kick out the 0.6 version, while the old one is still needed as a
rdep for cdk.

I prepared a fixed version for libjgrapht0.8-java (to which I also added
the +dfsg suffix, as asked by Daniel Leidert), which is otherwise
identical to the old one, so it should fairly easy to sponsor. :-)

The package is available in the SVN and here:

http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani/debian/libjgrapht0.8-java_0.8.1+dfsg1-1.dsc

Could someone please sponsor it? (maybe Torsten Werner, who did the
previous).

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Egon Willighagen
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Giovanni Mascellani
<mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it> wrote:
> I made a big mistake with libjgrapht0.8-java: I forgot to rename the
> source package from libjgrapht-java to libjgrapht0.8-java. Fortunately
> the package got in NEW, so I just wrote an email to FTP masters, asking
> for REJECTing it. This is necessary, because otherwise the 0.8 version
> would kick out the 0.6 version, while the old one is still needed as a
> rdep for cdk.

Oh, wow... I don't want that on my guilt list...!

Bugger... OK, I'll see if I can get the CDK compiled against 0.8... I
think someone looked at it in the past, and not sure how much API
changes there are compared to 0.6...

Any advice?

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
PubList: http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTincj-P_OXJ2O6V_i7DG0PtNg6_unl7ikGnfpPxK@mail.gmail.com" >http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTincj-P_OXJ2O6V_i7DG0PtNg6_unl7ikGnfpPxK@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Giovanni Mascellani
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Il 22/05/2010 08:27, Egon Willighagen ha scritto:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Giovanni Mascellani
> <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it> wrote:
>> I made a big mistake with libjgrapht0.8-java: I forgot to rename the
>> source package from libjgrapht-java to libjgrapht0.8-java. Fortunately
>> the package got in NEW, so I just wrote an email to FTP masters, asking
>> for REJECTing it. This is necessary, because otherwise the 0.8 version
>> would kick out the 0.6 version, while the old one is still needed as a
>> rdep for cdk.
>
> Oh, wow... I don't want that on my guilt list...!
>
> Bugger... OK, I'll see if I can get the CDK compiled against 0.8... I
> think someone looked at it in the past, and not sure how much API
> changes there are compared to 0.6...
>
> Any advice?

I know that David Paleino tried to compile josm-plugins (the package for
which I need jgrapht >= 0.7) against 0.6, but didn't succeed. This makes
me think that the API changes are not trivial and that it's better to
have two different versions. This is why I'm trying to get my previous
upload REJECTed and a fixed version uploaded.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
 
Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Torsten Werner
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Hi Giovanni,


On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Giovanni Mascellani
<mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it> wrote:
> I made a big mistake with libjgrapht0.8-java:

no the mistake was originally made by Steffen who uploaded version 0.7
to experimental without changing the source name.

@Steffen: What are your plans with version 0.7? Uploading with a new
source name? Removing from the archive? Anything else?

> This is necessary, because otherwise the 0.8 version would kick out the 0.6 version,

No, dak is not that buggy anymore but rejecting the broken upload
makes things easier.

> I prepared a fixed version for libjgrapht0.8-java (to which I also added
> the +dfsg suffix, as asked by Daniel Leidert), which is otherwise
> identical to the old one, so it should fairly easy to sponsor. :-)

I have removed the +dfsg suffix again because it breaks the repacking
script in a horrible way. (I think that this suffix is a complete
waste of filename characters and makes everything more complicated
without adding any value.) Feel free to add the suffix again but make
sure you do not break anything.

I have uploaded your package after adding the get-orig-source target
to debian/rules.


Cheers,
Torsten



>
> The package is available in the SVN and here:
>
> http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani/debian/libjgrapht0.8-java_0.8.1+dfsg1-1.dsc
>
> Could someone please sponsor it? (maybe Torsten Werner, who did the
> previous).
>
> Thanks, Giovanni.
> --
> Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
> Pisa, Italy
>
> Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
> Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTinhjax5n1TPHc789mQkxwm_E-FDpZ8_nDs7L48a@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTinhjax5n1TPHc789mQkxwm_E-FDpZ8_nDs7L48a@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 05-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Steffen Möller
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Hello,

On 05/22/2010 12:00 PM, Torsten Werner wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Giovanni Mascellani
> <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it> wrote:
>> I made a big mistake with libjgrapht0.8-java:
>
> no the mistake was originally made by Steffen who uploaded version 0.7
> to experimental without changing the source name.

This is problematic when there are updates to the 0.7 or 0.6 packages.
But to my understanding this is not the case. The 0.7 and 0.6 branches
are dead. Right?

There are also other voices saying that the latest version should be
"unversioned" in the package name and only when there is an active maintenance
of the previous version and reverse dependencies, then a separate
source package needs to be crafted for the old version.

If there is someone to blame, then please add Michael Koch to the list

> @Steffen: What are your plans with version 0.7? Uploading with a new
> source name? Removing from the archive? Anything else?

I am not aware of any reverse-dependency. It can go. My original understanding was that (presuming an upwards compatibility of the
API) that there should possibly be a 0.8 version of the 0.7-named package.

>> This is necessary, because otherwise the 0.8 version would kick out the 0.6 version,
>
> No, dak is not that buggy anymore but rejecting the broken upload
> makes things easier.
>
>> I prepared a fixed version for libjgrapht0.8-java (to which I also added
>> the +dfsg suffix, as asked by Daniel Leidert), which is otherwise
>> identical to the old one, so it should fairly easy to sponsor. :-)
>
> I have removed the +dfsg suffix again because it breaks the repacking
> script in a horrible way. (I think that this suffix is a complete
> waste of filename characters and makes everything more complicated
> without adding any value.) Feel free to add the suffix again but make
> sure you do not break anything.
>
> I have uploaded your package after adding the get-orig-source target
> to debian/rules.

You two are overqualified to deal with the issue. Whatever you decide
I can live with. Just ensure that there is a versioned jar and if there
is an unversioned binary package name, then this should provide a
symbolic link to the respective versioned jar.

Many thanks and greetings

Steffen




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4BF7B1A4.2070506@gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/4BF7B1A4.2070506@gmx.de
 
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Torsten Werner
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Hi,

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
> I am not aware of any reverse-dependency. It can go.

let's file a removal request against 0.7 after 0.8 gets accepted.

> Just ensure that there is a versioned jar and if there
> is an unversioned binary package name, then this should provide a
> symbolic link to the respective versioned jar.

I don't have a strong opinion on that. I can live with packages like
libservlet2.x-java that do not provide an unversioned variant.

Cheers,
Torsten


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: AANLkTin_teJq2tctkOBeu-emNnqiujK9Rx-pvSOfoxfT@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/AANLkTin_teJq2tctkOBeu-emNnqiujK9Rx-pvSOfoxfT@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Giovanni Mascellani
 
Default Problems with libjgrapht0.8-java (RFS contained)

Il 22/05/2010 12:41, Torsten Werner ha scritto:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I am not aware of any reverse-dependency. It can go.
>
> let's file a removal request against 0.7 after 0.8 gets accepted.

Totally agree.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org