Old 05-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Torsten Werner

Default RFS: libgstreamer-java

Hi,

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM, أ*مد الم*مودي <aelmahmoudy@sabily.org> wrote:
> ** I see that debian/copyright did not mention that CC-by-SA license
> * *for freedesktop icons in gstreamer-java/src/org/freedesktop/tango/
>
> * *Btw, CC-by-SA 2.5 license is considered DFSG-incompatible [2]

The tango icons <http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project>
are public domain today.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello

> ** If I understand correctly, you should also link against
> *libjna-java-doc, ie. in your patch you should also add:
>
> *-link /usr/share/doc/libjna-java-doc/api
>
> *Also, libjna-java-doc & default-jdk-doc should be added to Recommends
> *of libgstreamer-java-doc
>
> ** Please add DEP3 headers[1] to the patch.

Wright, I'll fix it.

> ** I see that debian/copyright did not mention that CC-by-SA license
> * *for freedesktop icons in gstreamer-java/src/org/freedesktop/tango/
>
> * *Btw, CC-by-SA 2.5 license is considered DFSG-incompatible [2]

Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?

> * *Also when I run: licensecheck -r gstreamer-java --copyright , I
> * *found that some files have other licenses like "MIT/X11 (BSD like)",
> * *that needs to be documented in debian/copyright

I'll fix it too and ask the upstream guys if this is expected.

> ** After using ant for building, ${javaepends} does not get
> * *substituted with the required java libs, to fix this, I made a patch
> * *(attached here) to add the Class-Path to manifest, in order for
> * *jh_depends to be able to find out the correct java dependencies.
>
> * *Please try to get this patch to upstream, probably it won't be
> * *accepted the way it is, because build-impl.xml should not be edited
> * *manually, but hopefully the upstream would get the idea &
> * *implemented in a proper way.

Actually the preferred way to add Class-Path to jar using netbeans
generated ant files would be using the do.depend property and using
the do-jar-with-libraries target. However, the jar-with-libraries
target depends on an ant extension distributed by netbeans
(org-netbeans-modules-java-j2seproject-copylibstask.jar), which is in
netbeans-ide package in contrib session.

Ubuntu have the netbeans platform in packages that does not include
the whole IDE. This copylibs jar, for example, is in the
"libnb-java3-java" package. Does anybody knows if debian plans to
package netbeans the same way ubuntu does?

- Samuel

Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Torsten Werner

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello
<samuelmello@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?

You just have to document the fact that tango is in the public domain.

> Does anybody knows if debian plans to package netbeans the same way ubuntu does?

There is one major issue: netbeans Build-Depends: jruby which is in
non-free. But yes, some people are working on it.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Paul Wise

2010/5/25 Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello
> <samuelmello@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?
>
> You just have to document the fact that tango is in the public domain.

Or just remove it from the tarball and depend on the tango package and
poke upstream about doing the same.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello

> 2010/5/25 Torsten Werner <twer...@debian.org>:
> > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello
> > <samuelme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?
> >
> > You just have to document the fact that tango is in the public domain.
>
> Or just remove it from the tarball and depend on the tango package and
> poke upstream about doing the same.

The tango package is tango-icon-theme or is there any java package?
Is there any way to use directly the icons at /usr/share/icons from
java, without breaking other platforms?

- Samuel

Old 05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Paul Wise

2010/5/26 Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello <samuelmello@gmail.com>:

> The tango package is tango-icon-theme or is there any java package?

tango is made up of images, not any programming language. Perhaps you
meant to ask if there is a Java library implementing the FreeDesktop
icon related specs? Not sure of the answer there, but I imagine the
GNOME Java stuff would. Another option might be to get the tango
source package to produce something like this:

http://tango.freedesktop.org/User:Heuermh

> Is there any way to use directly the icons at /usr/share/icons from
> java, without breaking other platforms?

Probably a build configuration parameter ia needed. Do such things
exist in the Java world?

Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello

Just uploaded a new version to mentors.debian.net with the changes below:

>> ** If I understand correctly, you should also link against
>> *libjna-java-doc, ie. in your patch you should also add:
>>
>> *-link /usr/share/doc/libjna-java-doc/api
>>
>> *Also, libjna-java-doc & default-jdk-doc should be added to Recommends
>> *of libgstreamer-java-doc

Fixed.

>> ** Please add DEP3 headers[1] to the patch.

Fixed.

> Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?

Documented in copyright file.

>> * *Also when I run: licensecheck -r gstreamer-java --copyright , I
>> * *found that some files have other licenses like "MIT/X11 (BSD like)",
>> * *that needs to be documented in debian/copyright

These MIT/X11 files are the examples provided with the sources.
I have documented it in copyright file as well.

>> ** After using ant for building, ${javaepends} does not get
>> * *substituted with the required java libs, to fix this, I made a patch
>> * *(attached here) to add the Class-Path to manifest, in order for
>> * *jh_depends to be able to find out the correct java dependencies.
>>
>> * *Please try to get this patch to upstream, probably it won't be
>> * *accepted the way it is, because build-impl.xml should not be edited
>> * *manually, but hopefully the upstream would get the idea &
>> * *implemented in a proper way.

I checked the official binary provided by upstream and it doesn't
contain a Class-Path in the manifest.

Is the Class-Path in library jars (without a Main-Class) used by any
other tool beside javahelper?

If the Class-Path is used only by javahelper to generate
${javaepends} I think it would be easier to maintain two entries in
the Depends than a patch in build-impl.xml.

The package I just uploaded to mentors have the Depends manually set.

- Samuel

Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Onkar Shinde

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello
<samuelmello@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I checked the official binary provided by upstream and it doesn't
> contain a Class-Path in the manifest.
>
> Is the Class-Path in library jars (without a Main-Class) used by any
> other tool beside javahelper?
>
> If the Class-Path is used only by javahelper to generate
> ${javaepends} I think it would be easier to maintain two entries in
> the Depends than a patch in build-impl.xml.
>
> The package I just uploaded to mentors have the Depends manually set.
</snip>

'Class-Path' entry in manifest file is used by JVM to load
dependencies (jar files, resource files) automatically. This way if
some class from your library depends on external library then
applications dependent on your library don't have to load them
explicitly.

By the way, regarding tango icons. A quick look at the source tells me
that they are being used in only two files,
gstreamer-java/src/org/gstreamer/swing/PopupVolumeButton.java and
gstreamer-java/src/org/gstreamer/swing/VideoPlayer.java. The way the
icons are loaded it should be easy to patch the files to load icons
from system installed package.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello

> 'Class-Path' entry in manifest file is used by JVM to load
> dependencies (jar files, resource files) automatically. This way if
> some class from your library depends on external library then
> applications dependent on your library don't have to load them
> explicitly.
>
> By the way, regarding tango icons. A quick look at the source tells me
> that they are being used in only two files,
> gstreamer-java/src/org/gstreamer/swing/PopupVolumeButton.java and
> gstreamer-java/src/org/gstreamer/swing/VideoPlayer.java. The way the
> icons are loaded it should be easy to patch the files to load icons
> from system installed package.

Ok, patched for both cases.

New version available at mentors.

- Samuel

Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
أحمد المحمودي

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:19:26AM -0300, Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello wrote:
> New version available at mentors.
---end quoted text---

* Is it needed to have tango-icon-theme in Build-Depends-Indep ?

* Other than that, lintian have some minor (I & P level) issues:

capitalization-error-in-description gstreamer GStreamer

libgstreamer-java: no-upstream-changelog
I think you can: dh_installchangelogs gstreamer/CHANGES

libgstreamer-java source: duplicate-short-description libgstreamer-java libgstreamer-java-doc
You can simply append "(API documentation)" to the short description
of libgstreamer-java-doc.

libgstreamer-java: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
I'm not sure what to add there ? Maybe add a couple of lines about
what GStreamer is ?

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer