-   -   future of libjibx*-java (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/368207-future-libjibx-java.html)

Torsten Werner 05-08-2010 03:40 PM

future of libjibx*-java

Hi,

I have updated freemind in our svn repo to work with libjibx1.2-java
instead of libjibx1.1-java. I suggest to upload freemind
0.9.0~rc6+dfsg-4 with that change and to file removal requests against
libjibx-java (1.0) and libjibx1.1-java. Are there any reasons to keep
the old versions of jibx that I am not aware of?

Cheers,
Torsten

Eric Lavarde 05-08-2010 08:11 PM

future of libjibx*-java

Hello,

ergh, sorry but I rolled-back this change as I packaged the next version
of FreeMind (0.9.0~rc7, uploaded 2 seconds ago on mentors).

Reason: I want the FreeMind package to keep working under Debian and
Ubuntu without having to keep 2 sets of patches (or even having to
rebuild the package).

Once JiBx1.2 is available in Ubuntu, I'll abandon my blockade.

Hope this is OK, and sorry for the trouble, I wanted to inform you right
now, but well, then I discovered your email...

Eric

Torsten Werner 05-09-2010 01:03 AM

future of libjibx*-java

Hi Eric,

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Eric Lavarde <deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de> wrote:
> Once JiBx1.2 is available in Ubuntu, I'll abandon my blockade.

but may we remove version 1.0 from the archive at least?

Torsten

Eric Lavarde 05-09-2010 05:26 AM

future of libjibx*-java

Once JiBx1.2 is available in Ubuntu, I'll abandon my blockade.

but may we remove version 1.0 from the archive at least?

Yes, please, do.

Thanks, Eric

Steffen Möller 05-13-2010 05:29 PM

future of libjibx*-java

Hi Torsten,

On 05/08/2010 05:40 PM, Torsten Werner wrote:

> I have updated freemind in our svn repo to work with libjibx1.2-java
> instead of libjibx1.1-java. I suggest to upload freemind
> 0.9.0~rc6+dfsg-4 with that change and to file removal requests against
> libjibx-java (1.0) and libjibx1.1-java. Are there any reasons to keep
> the old versions of jibx that I am not aware of?

we have Eucalyptus in the new queue build-depending on the 1.1 version.
Sorry for not replying any earlier, I was traveling and mostly offline.

If there is a way to possibly postpone the RM a bit, then this would
be appreciated. I'd very much like to see Eucalyptus arrive at some time
and give it some peace before changing it on too many fronts.

I have CCed Chris from upstream. To my understanding, the parallel upload
of 1.2 is painlessly possible, because of the versioned packaging, right?

Best,

Steffen