Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Thomas Koch

Default Preferred jax-rs implementation?, was: where to get jaxb from?

Torsten Werner:
> Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> > That sounds a bit risky and prone to break in the future. The JAXB RI is
> > licensed under CDDL+GPL2, so it should be possible to package it and
> > depend on this version instead.
>
> But neither com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2 nor com.sun.xml.bind.v2 are
> public APIs. The API is javax.xml.bind and it wouldn't help to package
> another implementation that can break in the future. Do you think
> otherwise?
>
> Cheers,
> Torstne

There are several implementations of jax-rs[1], neither one I've found to be
packaged in Debian. But do you prefer any of these, which maybe doesn't rely
on private APIs and releases sane tarballs?
I could try to work together with upstream to get rid of jersey in favor of an
alternative.

[1] http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/10/jaxrs-comparison

Thanks for your knowledge!

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Matthias Klose

That sounds a bit risky and prone to break in the future. The JAXB RI is
licensed under CDDL+GPL2, so it should be possible to package it and
depend on this version instead.

But neither com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2 nor com.sun.xml.bind.v2 are
public APIs. The API is javax.xml.bind and it wouldn't help to package
another implementation that can break in the future. Do you think
otherwise?

Cheers,
Torstne

There are several implementations of jax-rs[1], neither one I've found to be
packaged in Debian. But do you prefer any of these, which maybe doesn't rely
on private APIs and releases sane tarballs?

what is insane about the J*_DROP_URL's in IcedTea's Makefile.am?