Old 04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Miguel Landaeta

Default RFS: libspring-ldap-java (new package, 2nd try)

Hi mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspring-ldap-java".

* Package name * *: libspring-ldap-java
*Version * * * * : 1.3.0.RELEASE-1
*Upstream Author : SpringSource Inc.
* URL * * * * * * : http://www.springsource.org/ldap
* License * * * * : Apache-2.0
*Section * * * * : java

It builds these binary packages:
libspring-ldap-java - Java library for simpler LDAP programming
libspring-ldap-java-doc - documentation for libspring-ldap-java

The package is lintian clean.
The upload would fix these bugs: 576622

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
I need this package as Build-Depends for another software that I'm
packaging. I plan to maintain this under Debian-Java team.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-1.dsc
- Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Miguel

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspring-ldap-java".

the package looks good but I have one question: what is the source
format of the file docs/reference/pdf/spring-ldap-reference.pdf?

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Miguel Landaeta

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> wrote:
> the package looks good but I have one question: what is the source
> format of the file docs/reference/pdf/spring-ldap-reference.pdf?

In the upstream svn repo there are some docbook files.
https://src.springframework.org/svn/spring-ldap/trunk/src/docbkx/

But those file were not included in the tarball, they just included
the generated
*.html and .pdf files.

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Torsten Werner

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> wrote:
> In the upstream svn repo there are some docbook files.
> https://src.springframework.org/svn/spring-ldap/trunk/src/docbkx/
>
> But those file were not included in the tarball, they just included
> the generated
> *.html and .pdf files.

You can either remove the generated files from the orig tarball or add
the source files to it.

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Miguel Landaeta

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> wrote:
> You can either remove the generated files from the orig tarball or add
> the source files to it.

Ok, I will generate a new package later and I will let you know about it.

Just a question: if I include the source files in the upstream orig
tarball, I still
can not generate those file because the jar used by upstream is not in
Debian yet.
So, is it correct to include source and generated files although I am
not providing
a mean to generate those documentation files?

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 04-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Torsten Werner

Miguel Landaeta schrieb:
> Just a question: if I include the source files in the upstream orig
> tarball, I still
> can not generate those file because the jar used by upstream is not in
> Debian yet.
> So, is it correct to include source and generated files although I am
> not providing
> a mean to generate those documentation files?

You should not ship the generated files if they are not generated with
plain docbook but depend on software which is not available in main (yet).

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Miguel Landaeta

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> wrote:
> You should not ship the generated files if they are not generated with
> plain docbook but depend on software which is not available in main (yet).

Finally I included the missing documentation sources from upstream
svn repo in the orig tarball and I rebuilt those docs with plain docbook.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-1.dsc
- Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git

Please let me know if more changes are needed.
Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Torsten Werner

Hi Miguel,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> wrote:
> Finally I included the missing documentation sources from upstream
> svn repo in the orig tarball and I rebuilt those docs with plain docbook.

sorry for the delay. I have uploaded your package with a minor change
(ignoring errors in clean target). Please check my git commit for
details.

Cheers,
Torsten