Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Niels Thykier

Default Latest sun-java6-plugin

Søren Holm wrote:
> Hi
>
> Apparently ypou are mossing to generate the symbolic link to libnpjp2.so in
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for java applets to work.
>
> Could you please add it ??

Hi

I have moved this to debian-java@lists.debian.org (which is our debate
list).

Originally I would have opened a bug on this on your behalf, but I
noticed that I do not have this symlink either but I still have
functional applets.
I use the icedtea6-plugin package and not sun-java6 to provide my
plugin though (and I am running a testing/Squeeze machine).

Instead I have a symlink called
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so
which points to
/etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so

This script appears to have been created by icedtea6-plugin's postinst
script.

Does someone else know something about this?

~Niels

Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Sylvestre Ledru

Le vendredi 09 avril 2010 à 16:18 +0200, Niels Thykier a écrit :
> Søren Holm wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Apparently ypou are mossing to generate the symbolic link to libnpjp2.so in
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for java applets to work.
> >
> > Could you please add it ??
> >

> Hi
>
> I have moved this to debian-java@lists.debian.org (which is our debate
> list).
>
> Originally I would have opened a bug on this on your behalf, but I
> noticed that I do not have this symlink either but I still have
> functional applets.
> I use the icedtea6-plugin package and not sun-java6 to provide my
> plugin though (and I am running a testing/Squeeze machine).
Is it this bug ?

Sylvestre

Old 04-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Matthias Klose

Apparently ypou are mossing to generate the symbolic link to libnpjp2.so in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for java applets to work.

Could you please add it ??

Hi

I have moved this to debian-java@lists.debian.org (which is our debate
list).

Originally I would have opened a bug on this on your behalf, but I
noticed that I do not have this symlink either but I still have
functional applets.
I use the icedtea6-plugin package and not sun-java6 to provide my
plugin though (and I am running a testing/Squeeze machine).

Is it this bug ?

sounds like it. I think I missed the fix in sun-java to remove the old/add the
new alternative on upgrade, like done in openjdk.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Søren Holm

Fredag 09 april 2010 16:18:35 skrev Niels Thykier:

> I have moved this to debian-java@lists.debian.org (which is our debate
> list).
>
> Originally I would have opened a bug on this on your behalf, but I
> noticed that I do not have this symlink either but I still have
> functional applets.
> I use the icedtea6-plugin package and not sun-java6 to provide my
> plugin though (and I am running a testing/Squeeze machine).
>
> Instead I have a symlink called
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so
> which points to
> /etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so
>
> This script appears to have been created by icedtea6-plugin's postinst
> script.
>
> Does someone else know something about this?

The latest update of sun-java6-plugin fixed all my issues ... of cause I need
to either uninstall openjdk-* and icedtea-* or update java alternatives to
have the sun-version to take over. But I see that as the normal procedure.

--
/Søren Holm