Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Miguel Landaeta

Default RFS: libspring-ldap-java

Hi mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libspring-ldap-java".

* Package name : libspring-ldap-java
Version : 1.3.0.RELEASE-1
Upstream Author : SpringSource Inc.
* License : Apache-2.0
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
libspring-ldap-java - Java library for simpler LDAP programming
libspring-ldap-java-doc - documentation for libspring-ldap-java

The package is lintian clean.
The upload would fix these bugs: 576622

My motivation for maintaining this package is:
I need this package as Build-Depends for another software that I'm
packaging. I plan to maintain this under Debian-Java team.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-1.dsc
- Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 10-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Miguel Landaeta

Hi team,

I'm looking for a sponsor for this new release of
libspring-ldap-java. Here is the latest changelog entry:

libspring-ldap-java (1.3.0.RELEASE-2) experimental; urgency=low

* Rebuild against Spring Framework 3.0 libraries.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1. No changes were required.

-- Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:21:42 -0430

The changes are available on the pkg-java git or on mentors
via dget:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-2.dsc
git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git

Though libspring-java 3.0.4.RELEASE is stuck at NEW, I would
like to upload an update for libspring-ldap-java since it is
needed to prepare a package for libspring-security 3.0.x (it
also depends on libspring-java >= 3.0). I prefer to do this
work now instead of just idle wait for squeeze.

Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Michael Tautschnig

Hi Miguel,

> I'm looking for a sponsor for this new release of
> libspring-ldap-java. Here is the latest changelog entry:
>
> libspring-ldap-java (1.3.0.RELEASE-2) experimental; urgency=low
>
> * Rebuild against Spring Framework 3.0 libraries.
> * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1. No changes were required.
>
> -- Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:21:42 -0430
>
> The changes are available on the pkg-java git or on mentors
> via dget:
>
> dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-2.dsc
> git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git
>
> Though libspring-java 3.0.4.RELEASE is stuck at NEW, I would
> like to upload an update for libspring-ldap-java since it is
> needed to prepare a package for libspring-security 3.0.x (it
> also depends on libspring-java >= 3.0). I prefer to do this
> work now instead of just idle wait for squeeze.

This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete? Would
libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
archives immediately?

Best,
Michael

Old 10-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Miguel Landaeta

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
> convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
> acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete? *Would
> libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
> archives immediately?

Well, Tony Mancill was taking a look at libspring-ldap-java.

libspring-ldap-java is not included with the Spring Framework, it is
just a library
that can be integrated easily with that framework, so an acceptance of
libspring-java
(soon? who knows?) in the archive doesn't render libspring-ldap-java obsolete,
on the contrary, it still very needed.

I'm just proposing to rebuild libspring-ldap-java against
libspring-java 3.0.x, so
when libspring-security-java packages would be installed, they don't end
pulling a mixture of 2.5.x and 3.0.x libraries that could bring conflicts.
Actually, I can't build libspring-security 3.0 right now because of
that mixture.

Unfortunately, an upload of libspring-security-java 3.0.x would be
also stuck in NEW.

Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/

Old 10-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Michael Tautschnig

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> > This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
> > convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
> > acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete? *Would
> > libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
> > archives immediately?
>
> Well, Tony Mancill was taking a look at libspring-ldap-java.

[...] (Thanks for the info!)

Ok, so I assume this RFS will be handled by Tony. Should this not be the case,
please let me know.

Best,
Michael

Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM
tony mancill

On 10/21/2010 04:13 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
>>> This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
>>> convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
>>> acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete? Would
>>> libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
>>> archives immediately?
>>
>> Well, Tony Mancill was taking a look at libspring-ldap-java.
>>

> [...] (Thanks for the info!)
>
> Ok, so I assume this RFS will be handled by Tony. Should this not be the case,
> please let me know.

Hello Michael, Miguel:

Yes, I'm slowly working my way back up the dependency chain; sorry for
the delay. libspring-java depends on spring-build, which in turn has a
build-dep on itself. I'm still working on bootstrapping that build on
my machine.

Cheers,
tony