Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Niels Thykier

Default about netbeans and related packages

Hi

I stumbled a cross this, which is now 1 and a half month old or so.
Whats the status on this? I do not see netbeans in the a

~Niels

NB: It was originally sent to the pkg-java-maintainers address.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Adnan Hodzic

In case Hideki is not interested into this idea about repacking anymore,
I might be ...

Adnan

Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Giovanni Mascellani

Adnan Hodzic ha scritto:
> In case Hideki is not interested into this idea about repacking anymore,
> I might be ...

Hi.

I maintain openide-utils, which is a piece of the netbeans codebase. I
packaged it because I needed it as a dependency for other packages. In
case someone starts again taking care of the whole netbeans, my package
should be absorbed in his.

Anyway, I have a couple of requests for him: because one of my package
depends on that (small) library, I really would like not to have to
depend on the whole netbeans, so I ask to the maintainer to keep at
least that libraries stripped out from the rest. Moreover, such library
didn't have a POM, so I wrote one (because my packages depending on it
were built with maven), so I also ask to retain the POM I've written
(unless upstream or anyone else writes another).

Of course, I don't want to move on you all the work needed. I'm here to
collaborate. :-)

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org

Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Yulia Novozhilova

Hi,

Actually Hideki is working on this and there is a progress there.
Hope he will get in touch with you soon.

Thanks,
Yulia

Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Torsten Werner

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Yulia Novozhilova
<Yulia.Novozhilova@sun.com> wrote:
> Actually Hideki is working on this and there is a progress there.
> Hope he will get in touch with you soon.

may we get some extra details, please? What needs to be done to get
netbeans into Debian? Can we help with packaging some of its
build-deps?

I see that the Ubuntu package Build-Depends on jruby which is in
non-free. Can netbeans be built without jruby?

What is the status of the openide-utils packaging?

Cheers,
Torsten

Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Giovanni Mascellani

Il 30/04/2010 12:48, Torsten Werner ha scritto:
> may we get some extra details, please? What needs to be done to get
> netbeans into Debian? Can we help with packaging some of its
> build-deps?
>
> I see that the Ubuntu package Build-Depends on jruby which is in
> non-free. Can netbeans be built without jruby?
>
> What is the status of the openide-utils packaging?

openide-util is slightly quite out-of-date: now version 6.7.1 is present
in the archive, while netbeans 6.8 has been released and 6.9 is beta.
Anyway, if netbeans enters Debian, openide-utils should definitely be
absorbed in the netbeans packages.

Thanks, Gio.