Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Default Maven: handle plugins versions

[Please see, BTS:#574402]

I've updated plugin-versions.patch (in maven2-core package) and uploaded
maven2 2.2.1-3 / maven2-core 2.2.1-2 to workaround this bug.

We have to find a definitive solution for upgrading maven plugins without
breaking existing build.

Maybe we can use settings.xml to store maven plugins version :

- each maven plugin has to register it self, using an helper tool, inside this
settings.xml
------
<profile>
<id>debian-plugins-version</id>
<activation>
<property>
<name>maven-javadoc-plugin.default.version</name>
<value>2.6.1</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>maven-ejb-plugin.default.version</name>
<value>2.2</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>maven-install-plugin.default.version</name>
<value>2.3</value>
</property>
[...]
</activation>
</profile>
[...]
<activeProfiles>
<activeProfile>debian-plugins-version</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
------

- maven2-core "super-pom" will then contains variable for each plugin
------
<plugin>
<version>${maven-javadoc-plugin.default.version}</version>
</plugin>

------

It's just a rought idea but I just want to get some feed back before trying to
implement that.

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper