FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

Folks,

The following files are required for a version 3 Driver Disk:

/rhdd3 - file containing a description of the disk contents
/rpms/<arch>
/rpms/<arch>/repodata
/rpms/<arch>/kmod-name-version-release

Within the per-arch rpms directory you will locate an arbitrary number
of RPM files, each of which is mentioned in the repository data (you can
create this as usual, but we prefer pretty repositories that have been
created explicitly using the "createrepo -p" command). The RPMs need
provide only "kernel-modules-`uname -r`" to be considered - they do not
need to provide any specific Enterprise kABI tracking and don't even
need to be named with the "kmod-" prefix, though that's conventional.

Anaconda will unpack the RPMs that it locates on the disk, for the
current system architecture, and will offer them for installation.

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 08:09 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> Within the per-arch rpms directory you will locate an arbitrary number
> of RPM files, each of which is mentioned in the repository data (you can
> create this as usual, but we prefer pretty repositories that have been
> created explicitly using the "createrepo -p" command). The RPMs need
> provide only "kernel-modules-`uname -r`" to be considered - they do not
> need to provide any specific Enterprise kABI tracking and don't even
> need to be named with the "kmod-" prefix, though that's conventional.

That should be "kernel-modules = `uname -r`". Apologies.

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Martin Sivak
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides: kernel-modules-`uname -r`

Martin

----- "Jon Masters" <jcm@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 08:09 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
> > Within the per-arch rpms directory you will locate an arbitrary
> number
> > of RPM files, each of which is mentioned in the repository data (you
> can
> > create this as usual, but we prefer pretty repositories that have
> been
> > created explicitly using the "createrepo -p" command). The RPMs
> need
> > provide only "kernel-modules-`uname -r`" to be considered - they do
> not
> > need to provide any specific Enterprise kABI tracking and don't
> even
> > need to be named with the "kmod-" prefix, though that's
> conventional.
>
> That should be "kernel-modules = `uname -r`". Apologies.
>
> Jon.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
> Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:45 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
> I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides: kernel-modules-`uname -r`

Ok. I think we would ideally change it to use the other:

kernel-modules = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
sym53c8xx-kmod = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
kmod-sym53c8xx = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
kmod-sym53c8xx(x86-64) = 2.2.3.rhtestxxxx-1.elx

But I could add the following:

kernel-modules-uname-r = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64

Otherwise, what would we have? The following perhaps:

kernel-modules-2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64 = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64

?

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

Jon

Not sure what "=" means here?
Can you please post an example driver disk?


Thanks
Pani



-----Original Message-----
From: anaconda-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com
[mailto:anaconda-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jon Masters
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:16 PM
To: Discussion of Development and Customization of the Red Hat Linux
Installer
Subject: Re: Driver Disk version 3 format

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:45 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
> I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides:
kernel-modules-`uname -r`

Ok. I think we would ideally change it to use the other:

kernel-modules = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
sym53c8xx-kmod = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
kmod-sym53c8xx = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
kmod-sym53c8xx(x86-64) = 2.2.3.rhtestxxxx-1.elx

But I could add the following:

kernel-modules-uname-r = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64

Otherwise, what would we have? The following perhaps:

kernel-modules-2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64 = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64

?

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 08:45 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:45 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
> > I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides: kernel-modules-`uname -r`
>
> Ok. I think we would ideally change it to use the other:
>
> kernel-modules = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> sym53c8xx-kmod = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> kmod-sym53c8xx = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> kmod-sym53c8xx(x86-64) = 2.2.3.rhtestxxxx-1.elx
>
> But I could add the following:
>
> kernel-modules-uname-r = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
>
> Otherwise, what would we have? The following perhaps:
>
> kernel-modules-2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64 = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64

Martin, could you spin me a patched boot.iso against a recent nightly
that uses kernel-modules = `uname -r`, or if you prefer having a new
dependency, using instead kernel-modules-uname = `uname -r`?

I can do it myself, but I'm in another mostly all day meeting later,
which is why I'm up at 3am to sort this stuff out first

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 03:38 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 08:45 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:45 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
> > > I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides: kernel-modules-`uname -r`
> >
> > Ok. I think we would ideally change it to use the other:
> >
> > kernel-modules = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> > sym53c8xx-kmod = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> > kmod-sym53c8xx = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> > kmod-sym53c8xx(x86-64) = 2.2.3.rhtestxxxx-1.elx
> >
> > But I could add the following:
> >
> > kernel-modules-uname-r = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> >
> > Otherwise, what would we have? The following perhaps:
> >
> > kernel-modules-2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64 = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
>
> Martin, could you spin me a patched boot.iso against a recent nightly
> that uses kernel-modules = `uname -r`, or if you prefer having a new
> dependency, using instead kernel-modules-uname = `uname -r`?
>
> I can do it myself, but I'm in another mostly all day meeting later,
> which is why I'm up at 3am to sort this stuff out first

I'm building a new test anaconda internally, on a private CVS branch. I
will post an updated build on an another list.

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Jon Masters
 
Default Driver Disk version 3 format

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 05:51 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 03:38 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 08:45 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 06:45 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
> > > > I think we agreed on (and the code is checking for) Provides: kernel-modules-`uname -r`
> > >
> > > Ok. I think we would ideally change it to use the other:
> > >
> > > kernel-modules = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> > > sym53c8xx-kmod = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> > > kmod-sym53c8xx = 2.2.3.rhtest60b1-1.elx
> > > kmod-sym53c8xx(x86-64) = 2.2.3.rhtestxxxx-1.elx
> > >
> > > But I could add the following:
> > >
> > > kernel-modules-uname-r = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> > >
> > > Otherwise, what would we have? The following perhaps:
> > >
> > > kernel-modules-2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64 = 2.6.X-Y.elx.x86_64
> >
> > Martin, could you spin me a patched boot.iso against a recent nightly
> > that uses kernel-modules = `uname -r`, or if you prefer having a new
> > dependency, using instead kernel-modules-uname = `uname -r`?
> >
> > I can do it myself, but I'm in another mostly all day meeting later,
> > which is why I'm up at 3am to sort this stuff out first
>
> I'm building a new test anaconda internally, on a private CVS branch. I
> will post an updated build on an another list.

In case anyone is interested, there is an internal git tree, CVS private
branch, and some test builds containing the changed dependency that I
will make into an ISO. I posted them to a certain list, and will send
another update here after testing, maybe less cryptic than this one.

Jon.


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org