Old 03-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Niels Thykier

Default RFS: libfreemarker-java (Blocks RM of liblogkit-java)

Hi

I have prepared a Team Upload of libfreemarker-java to update its
(Build-)Depends so liblogkit-java can be removed from the archive.

Here is the latest changelog entry:
libfreemarker-java (2.3.16-2) unstable; urgency=low

* Team upload.
* Bumped Standards-Version to 3.8.4 - no changes required.
* Replaced Build-Depends-Indep on liblogkit-java with
libexcalibur-logkit-java.
* Converted source to 3.0 (quilt).
* Moved ant to Build-Depends because it is needed during clean.
* Corrected Java runtime depends.
* Added used java libraries to Depends and Suggests based on whether
the build used them unconditionally.
* Made the javadoc API link against the javadoc APIs installed on
the system.
- Added patch def-jdk-doc.patch.

-- Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:00:38 +0100

Please note that this is *not* lintian clean! This is an one-time upload
from me on this package and therefore I have not added myself to
Uploaders. I have used the "Team Upload" method (see [1]), because I
believe it has advantages over using the team's email.
However, this makes lintian thinking this is a NMU with wrong version
and without the "NMU" entry.

The changes have been committed to the pkg-java SVN.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libfreemarker-java/libfreemarker-java_2.3.16-2.dsc

Thank you in advance,
~Niels

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg281661.html

Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Le samedi 27 mars 2010 14:21:48, Niels Thykier a écrit :
> I have prepared a Team Upload of libfreemarker-java to update its
> (Build-)Depends so liblogkit-java can be removed from the archive.
>
> Here is the latest changelog entry:
> libfreemarker-java (2.3.16-2) unstable; urgency=low

I'll look at this (I'm in the Uploaders list after all .

FYI, ftp-master (ries.d.o) is currently broken so your upload won't be
accepted right now. AFAIK, there is no ETA for hardware fix :/

> Please note that this is *not* lintian clean! This is an one-time upload
> from me on this package and therefore I have not added myself to
> Uploaders. I have used the "Team Upload" method (see [1]), because I
> believe it has advantages over using the team's email.
> However, this makes lintian thinking this is a NMU with wrong version
> and without the "NMU" entry.

I've missed the discussion but this seems to me a nice way of working for our
team (I often need to upgrade/fix some package but don't really want to take
care on the long run, like an Uploaders/Maintainer have to)

Cheers,
--
Damien Raude-Morvan - http://www.damien-raude-morvan.com/

Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Niels Thykier

Thanks, please remember to remove the "Team Upload" if you take over the
upload.

> FYI, ftp-master (ries.d.o) is currently broken so your upload won't be =

> accepted right now. AFAIK, there is no ETA for hardware fix :/
>=20
>> Please note that this is *not* lintian clean! This is an one-time uplo=
ad
>> from me on this package and therefore I have not added myself to
>> Uploaders. I have used the "Team Upload" method (see [1]), because I
>> believe it has advantages over using the team's email.
>> However, this makes lintian thinking this is a NMU with wrong versio=
>> and without the "NMU" entry.
>=20
> I've missed the discussion but this seems to me a nice way of working f=
or our=20
> team (I often need to upgrade/fix some package but don't really want to=
take=20
> care on the long run, like an Uploaders/Maintainer have to)
>=20
> Cheers,

Yes, I personally hope this practice will be officially endorsed by Debia=
n.

~Niels