-   -   Fwd: RFS: jets3t (Hadoop dependency) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/346276-fwd-rfs-jets3t-hadoop-dependency.html)

Thomas Koch 03-24-2010 11:22 AM

Fwd: RFS: jets3t (Hadoop dependency)

Hi,

the package jets3t is searching a sponsor. The package is a dependency for an
optional hadoop feature: Running Hadoop on Amazon.

So if you're a DD and interested in Hadoop, please consider sponsoring the
jets3t package.

Best regards, Thomas Koch

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Sylvestre Ledru 03-24-2010 11:33 AM

Fwd: RFS: jets3t (Hadoop dependency)

Hello,

Miguel, A few comments:

* Could you update the description ?

For now, it is:
"
The JetS3t toolkit provides several applications for interacting and
managing
data stored in Amazon Simple Storage Service and Amazon CloudFront
content delivery network.
"

It would be nice if you could describe what are these applications.

* is there a reason why the file src.zip is not unpack in the tarball ?

Thanks
Sylvestre