Old 03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Matthew Johnson

Default RFS: pleiades - Japanese Language package for Eclipse using Dynamic AOP

On Sun Mar 21 21:17, Niels Thykier wrote:
> It would be nice if it could be installed beneath /usr/share/eclipse/
> rather than /usr/lib/eclipse/ because it is a large arch all package.
> However it did not work when I tried to move it (even when symlinking
> from /usr/lib/eclipse/). I think it complained because it could not find
> the eclipse.ini file[1].

Policy requires that architecture-independent files are under /usr/share

> As for building, I think you should Build-Depend on default-jdk instead
> of openjdk-6-jdk | gcj-jdk. Then set (and export) JAVA_HOME to
> /usr/lib/jvm/default-java.

In fact, alternates are strictly not supported with build-depends. You must use
a single concrete package in build-depends, which is this case default-jdk is
the correct one.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson

Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Matthew Johnson

On Mon Mar 22 00:57, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Dear mentors (CC: debian-java@lists.debian.org),
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pleiades", Japanese Language package
> for Eclipse. It is very popular for Japanese Eclipse users. Its newest release
> is downloaded about 50,000 times.

I have a few other comments on the package:

- you don't close an ITP in the changelog, you should generally be filing ITPs
(cc'd to -devel) in case anyone has comments about the package

- as I said, arch-all content should be in /usr/share, that's why you got a
lintian warning, you shouldn't just override them unless you have a very good
reason.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson