Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Thomas Koch

Default RFS: Hadoop

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "hadoop". It's an update from
upstream version 0.20.1 to 0.20.2. The original sponsor Matthew Johnson
doesn't have time ATM.

* Package name : hadoop
Version : 0.20.2+dfsg1-1
Upstream Author : Apache foundation
* License : Apache-2.0
Section : java

It builds these binary packages:
hadoop-bin - software platform for processing vast amounts of data
hadoop-daemons-common - Creates user and directories for hadoop daemons
hadoop-datanoded - Data Node for Hadoop
hadoop-jobtrackerd - Job Tracker for Hadoop
hadoop-namenoded - Name Node for Hadoop
hadoop-secondarynamenoded - Secondary Name Node for Hadoop
hadoop-tasktrackerd - Task Tracker for Hadoop
libhadoop-index-java - Hadoop contrib to create lucene indexes
libhadoop-java - software platform for processing vast amounts of data
libhadoop-java-doc - Contains the javadoc for hadoop

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/hadoop/hadoop_0.20.2+dfsg1-1.dsc

The changelog entries since the last version in Debian:

hadoop (0.20.2+dfsg1-1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream version 0.20.2
* Applied three patches from upstream:
HADOOP-3327,HADOOP-4829,HADOOP-5175
* unapplied all cloudera patches
* service stopping/restarting now polls a while for termination
* Aks on installation, whether namenode should be formatted

-- Thomas Koch <thomas.koch@ymc.ch> Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:12:55 +0100

hadoop (0.20.1+dfsg2-2) unstable; urgency=low

* Small fixes in common code of init scripts
* Detect $JAVA_HOME in hadoop-defaults.sh
* More README
* Add lsb-base to Depends of common-daemon package

-- Thomas Koch <thomas.koch@ymc.ch> Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:13:58 +0100

Kind regards

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 03-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Matthew Johnson

On Thu Mar 18 16:25, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "hadoop". It's an update from
> upstream version 0.20.1 to 0.20.2. The original sponsor Matthew Johnson
> doesn't have time ATM.

Sorry for the delay, I have uploaded this now.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson