-   -   Preparing uploads of antlr and liblogkit-java (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/342470-preparing-uploads-antlr-liblogkit-java.html)

Niels Thykier 03-16-2010 04:59 PM

Preparing uploads of antlr and liblogkit-java

Hi

I recently checked out antlr and liblogkit-java in order to fix the RC
bugs filed against them. I have committed my changes to the pkg-java and
will send out RFS for them in a couple of days if I do not hear anything
from their uploaders. Particularly antlr could use a bit more love, but
I have too little knowledge and experience with it.
I intend to do these as "Team Uploads"[1], which will lead to two
lintian warnings (beyond the ones I cannot fix).

On a related note: this might be a good time to update their uploader
list [2]. Particular antlr have 5 uploaders but looks like only two of
them have actually uploaded (or committed changes) this package in 2009.

antlr also have one bug left (#555498) that I did not know what to do
about. It looks like we are uncertain whether this bug belongs in antlr
or gpt.

As for liblogkit-java: it states that a change by Matthias Klose closes
#563884. It is something I added (the change was committed by Klose in
2008), since the bug was not present in package I checked out and it
appeared plausible that the change fixed the issue.
I am also keenly aware that liblogkit-java is obsolete (by upstream)
and I would love to have it RM'ed; however we still have packages
depending on it[3].

~Niels

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/TeamUpload

[2] Upload listing:
antlr:
Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk AT debian.org>
John Leuner <jewel AT debian.org>
Michael Koch <konqueror AT gmx.de>
Barry Hawkins <barry AT bytemason.org>
Torsten Werner <twerner AT debian.org>

liblogkit-java:
Michael Koch <konqueror AT gmx.de>
Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk AT debian.org>

[3] Build-rdepends (and rdepends) on liblogkit-java
libcommons-logging-java
avalon-framework
libfreemarker-java
velocity

Onkar Shinde 03-17-2010 03:18 AM

Preparing uploads of antlr and liblogkit-java

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:

<snip>
> * I am also keenly aware that liblogkit-java is obsolete (by upstream)
> and I would love to have it RM'ed; however we still have packages
> depending on it[3].
</snip>

I am already working on migrating these packages to
libexcalibur-logkit-java. Expect RFS for velocity (at least) today.

Onkar

Niels Thykier 03-21-2010 07:23 PM

Onkar Shinde wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I am also keenly aware that liblogkit-java is obsolete (by upstream)
>> and I would love to have it RM'ed; however we still have packages
>> depending on it[3].
> </snip>
>
> I am already working on migrating these packages to
> libexcalibur-logkit-java. Expect RFS for velocity (at least) today.
>

> Onkar

Hi

Thanks for your work; is it correctly asserted that libfreemarker-java
is the only package that needs to be updated before we can get
liblogkit-java removed?
If so, then I will not try to get liblogkit-java uploaded.

~Niels

Onkar Shinde 03-22-2010 03:47 AM

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your work; is it correctly asserted that libfreemarker-java
> is the only package that needs to be updated before we can get
> liblogkit-java removed?
> *If so, then I will not try to get liblogkit-java uploaded.

Yes, libfreemarker-java is the only package remaining. I was working
on it when I found out that jython was pulling in GCJ during build.
Hence I fixed jython first.
libfreemarker-java will be updated today.

Onkar