FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Java

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

Hello,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.0-4 of
libbasicplayer-java.

The latest entry in the Debian changelog is:
libbasicplayer-java (3.0-4) unstable; urgency=low

* Add pulseaudio.diff patch to workaround OpenJDK's Pulse Audio
implementation (Closes: #567856).
* debian/control:
+ Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.4
+ Changed section to java.
+ Added myself to uploaders.
+ Enhanced extended description.
* debian/copyright: converted to machine-readable format.


As required, I tested the package against unstable's version of lintian and it
is lintian clean.

The package can be found on svn:
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libbasicplayer-java

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.

Kind regards,

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100227151839.GB3177@ants.dhis.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100227151839.GB3177@ants.dhis.net
 
Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Torsten Werner
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

Hi Ahmed,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:18 PM, أ*مد الم*مودي <aelmahmoudy@sabily.org> wrote:
> * I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.0-4 of
> * libbasicplayer-java.

shouldn't we switch to default-jdk for this package? Can you try that,
please? Otherwise it looks good.

Cheers,
Torsten


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: a90bfcf1002280943i70b159ey9ece6f4e7777fbf2@mail.gm ail.com">http://lists.debian.org/a90bfcf1002280943i70b159ey9ece6f4e7777fbf2@mail.gm ail.com
 
Old 02-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Varun Hiremath
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

Hi,

On Sun, 28 Feb, 2010 at 06:43:13PM +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi Ahmed,
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:18 PM, ???????? ???????????????? <aelmahmoudy@sabily.org> wrote:
> > ?? I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.0-4 of
> > ?? libbasicplayer-java.
>
> shouldn't we switch to default-jdk for this package? Can you try that,
> please? Otherwise it looks good.

I did that with some other minor changes, and have uploaded the package.

Thanks,
Varun


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100228180616.GA12131@localhost.localdomain">http ://lists.debian.org/20100228180616.GA12131@localhost.localdomain
 
Old 02-28-2010, 05:47 PM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:06:16PM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> I did that with some other minor changes, and have uploaded the package.
---end quoted text---

Thanks a lot. Yet, I think that lib*-java aren't supposed to Depend on
a jre anyways, so default-jre | ... could be removed from Depends, right
?

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100228184723.GA3779@ants.dhis.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100228184723.GA3779@ants.dhis.net
 
Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 AM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:47:23PM +0200, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:06:16PM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> > I did that with some other minor changes, and have uploaded the package.
> ---end quoted text---
>
> Thanks a lot. Yet, I think that lib*-java aren't supposed to Depend on
> a jre anyways, so default-jre | ... could be removed from Depends, right
> ?
---end quoted text---

I've made a commit to remove default-jre | java5-runtime from Depends, I
hope this gets uploaded soon, especially that 3.0-4 release had a typo
in the Depends field: deafult-jre instead of default-jre

Thanks...

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100301040639.GA5557@ants.dhis.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100301040639.GA5557@ants.dhis.net
 
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 AM
tony mancill
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Uploaded. Note that and the release field in debian/changelog was UNRELEASED;
I changed it to unstable. I don't have commit permissions to SVN repo, so
please commit this change (attached) manually.

Thank you,
Tony


أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:47:23PM +0200, أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:06:16PM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
>>> I did that with some other minor changes, and have uploaded the package.
>> ---end quoted text---
>>
>> Thanks a lot. Yet, I think that lib*-java aren't supposed to Depend on
>> a jre anyways, so default-jre | ... could be removed from Depends, right
>> ?
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I've made a commit to remove default-jre | java5-runtime from Depends, I
> hope this gets uploaded soon, especially that 3.0-4 release had a typo
> in the Depends field: deafult-jre instead of default-jre
>
> Thanks...
>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkuLQwAACgkQpdwBkPlyvgN2SACfazJl1ObbPc RsWSK68keJMoyX
lxQAnAk/BkTfZ10cD7QvCzlvjSk9vlZW
=6sCd
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 AM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:30:56PM -0800, tony mancill wrote:
> Uploaded. Note that and the release field in debian/changelog was UNRELEASED;
> I changed it to unstable. I don't have commit permissions to SVN repo, so
> please commit this change (attached) manually.
---end quoted text---

Done, thanks...

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100301044025.GA3865@ants.dhis.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100301044025.GA3865@ants.dhis.net
 
Old 03-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Varun Hiremath
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

On Sun, 28 Feb, 2010 at 08:30:56PM -0800, tony mancill wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Uploaded. Note that and the release field in debian/changelog was UNRELEASED;
> I changed it to unstable. I don't have commit permissions to SVN repo, so
> please commit this change (attached) manually.

Tony, Thanks for taking care of this.

> >
> > I've made a commit to remove default-jre | java5-runtime from Depends, I
> > hope this gets uploaded soon, especially that 3.0-4 release had a typo
> > in the Depends field: deafult-jre instead of default-jre

Ahmed, thanks for fixing the package. But, I think library packages
should at least depend on the -jre-headless package. AFAIK, that has
been the general practice with other library packages in Debian.

Thanks,
Varun


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100301044322.GA1036@localhost.localdomain">http://lists.debian.org/20100301044322.GA1036@localhost.localdomain
 
Old 03-01-2010, 04:07 AM
أحمد المحمودي
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:43:22PM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Ahmed, thanks for fixing the package. But, I think library packages
> should at least depend on the -jre-headless package. AFAIK, that has
> been the general practice with other library packages in Debian.
---end quoted text---

I've just checked, some java library packages indeed do depend on
-jre-headless, and some do not depend on any jre package at all.

Anyways, if I recall correctly, Matthew Johnson once told me (when we
were discussing a patch for jh_depends) that java libraries aren't
supposed to depend on any jre, it is the java apps.

--
‎أ*مد الم*مودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0xEDDDA1B7
GPG Fingerprint: 8206 A196 2084 7E6D 0DF8 B176 BC19 6A94 EDDD A1B7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100301050754.GB3865@ants.dhis.net">http://lists.debian.org/20100301050754.GB3865@ants.dhis.net
 
Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 AM
tony mancill
 
Default RFS: UPDATE: libbasicplayer-java 3.0-4

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

أ*مد الم*مودي wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:43:22PM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
>> Ahmed, thanks for fixing the package. But, I think library packages
>> should at least depend on the -jre-headless package. AFAIK, that has
>> been the general practice with other library packages in Debian.
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I've just checked, some java library packages indeed do depend on
> -jre-headless, and some do not depend on any jre package at all.
>
> Anyways, if I recall correctly, Matthew Johnson once told me (when we
> were discussing a patch for jh_depends) that java libraries aren't
> supposed to depend on any jre, it is the java apps.

It seems like it could depend on the library package. If it's strictly a
library, meaning it doesn't have any main() methods lurking about that are
useful to users, then the guideline should be not to depend on a JRE package. I
suppose there are library packages out there that contain classes you might want
to invoke directly with a JRE, but I imagine they would the exception. (And in
any event, I think this would be a corner case - i.e. how often would a user or
developer be loading library packages without having a JRE installed?)

So a general rule of not depending on a JRE package seems like a good approach.
It's one less thing that has to change if the virtual JRE package name changes,
and that's across all of the library packages.

Regards,
Tony
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkuLT4EACgkQpdwBkPlyvgMYqwCfY6uvXnUibq bC9BJ7amqCjogt
qv8AnArIZ4S9Uz6JqegDSPGPwb/ihz0W
=bTXf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-java-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4B8B4F8E.5060008@debian.org">http://lists.debian.org/4B8B4F8E.5060008@debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org