-   -   Help for packaging xslthl (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-java/330542-help-packaging-xslthl.html)

Mathieu Malaterre 02-23-2010 08:19 AM

Help for packaging xslthl

Hi there,

*I'd like to request some help for packaging a small java package. I
have started it here:

http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/xslthl/debian/

*Basically if you would like to review it simply do:

$ svn co https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/xslthl

*What I am struggling with is the debian/rules files:

https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/xslthl/debian/rules

What is a recommended way to install ant's generated files from the
rules files ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu

Matthew Johnson 02-23-2010 10:25 AM

Help for packaging xslthl

On Tue Feb 23 10:19, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> $ svn co https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/xslthl
>
> *What I am struggling with is the debian/rules files:
>
> https://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/xslthl/debian/rules
>
> What is a recommended way to install ant's generated files from the
> rules files ?

The recommended way is to use javahelper.

Have a look at the tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper/, there's a CDBS
class, although I prefer using dh 7 these days. You just need to list the jars
in debian/package.jlibs and it will do everything for you. There's also support
for installing javadoc correctly, filling out depends: lines and so on.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson