Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Damien Raude-Morvan

Default Is JSTL available in repositories

On 11/02/2010 17:45, Onkar Shinde wrote:

Hi all,

Why doing some JSP development today I tried to locate JSTL in
repositories. I couldn't find it on Ubuntu karmic installation except
as part of package tomcat6-examples. I haven't yet looked in my Debian
installation.

Does anyone know offhand if JSTL is packaged separately?

Currenlty, you can found a JSTL implementation in "glassfish-appserv"
package : glassfish-appserv-jstl.jar

But I'm not really satisfied by this situation (eg. having a library JAR
in a potential server package) :

http://bugs.debian.org/548242

Cheers,
--
Damien Raude-Morvan

Old 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Onkar Shinde

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 17:45, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Why doing some JSP development today I tried to locate JSTL in
>> repositories. I couldn't find it on Ubuntu karmic installation except
>> as part of package tomcat6-examples. I haven't yet looked in my Debian
>> installation.
>>
>> Does anyone know offhand if JSTL is packaged separately?
>
> Currenlty, you can found a JSTL implementation in "glassfish-appserv"
> package : glassfish-appserv-jstl.jar
>
> But I'm not really satisfied by this situation (eg. having a library JAR in
> a potential server package) :
> http://bugs.debian.org/548242

I would rather have JSTL packaged independently. I believe the
reference implementation from Apache is most popular. I will work on
this soon.

Onkar

Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Damien Raude-Morvan

Currenlty, you can found a JSTL implementation in "glassfish-appserv"
package : glassfish-appserv-jstl.jar

But I'm not really satisfied by this situation (eg. having a library JAR in
a potential server package) :
http://bugs.debian.org/548242

I would rather have JSTL packaged independently. I believe the
reference implementation from Apache is most popular. I will work on
this soon.

In fact, /usr/share/java/glassfish-appserv-jstl.jar IS JSTL reference
implementation from Apache. It contains package
org.apache.taglibs.standard.*

But I agree with you : we have to package it as a standalone library
using http://tomcat.apache.org/taglibs/standard/ as upstream.

--
Damien Raude-Morvan

Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Torsten Werner

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@debian.org> wrote:
> In fact, /usr/share/java/glassfish-appserv-jstl.jar IS JSTL reference
> implementation from Apache. It contains package
> org.apache.taglibs.standard.*

Interesting. I am the original maintainer of glassfish but I did not
known that.

> But I agree with you : we have to package it as a standalone library using
> http://tomcat.apache.org/taglibs/standard/ as upstream.

Yes, that would be good. We need it for tomcat's examples, too.

Cheers,
Torsten