Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Thomas Koch

Default 'solr' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Hi Jan, Matthew,

SOLR1.4 may finally be in a state good enough to upload:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/solr

@Jan: Are you OK with the packaging? I've not yet commited my changes to
git.d.o

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Jan-Pascal van Best

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Koch wrote:
> SOLR1.4 may finally be in a state good enough to upload:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/solr
>
> @Jan: Are you OK with the packaging? I've not yet commited my changes to
> git.d.o

I'm really happy you've managed to package solr 1.4!

I'm looking at the packaging. My first impression is good, a few things:

- In the solr 1.3 package, the tomcat integration package is
solr-tomcat6. In yours, it's solr-tomcat. That causes problems when
upgrading from the version currently in unstable. Please have
solr-tomcat conflict solr-tomcat6, because I think it's better to have
an unversioned integration package.
- debian/copyright should extend your copyrigth for debian/* to 2010
- I like your solution for debian/rules together with the *.dirs and
*.install files
- Why are the tests disabled? Are you sure any failed tests do not
indicate a broken install for some usage scenario?

That's it for know, more when I find a few round tuits.

Jan-Pascal

PS. Since I'm only a DM and not a DD, I can't upload this package (it
renames solr-tomcat6 to solr-tomcat, hence introduces a new package). Sorry.

--
Jan-Pascal van Best
janpascal@vanbest.org, janpascal@vanbest.eu

Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Thomas Koch

Hi Jan-Pascal,

thanks for your review. I've uploaded an updated version to mentors:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/solr

@mjj: Please be so kind to sponsor if you're satisfied.

> - In the solr 1.3 package, the tomcat integration package is
> solr-tomcat6. In yours, it's solr-tomcat. That causes problems when
> upgrading from the version currently in unstable. Please have
> solr-tomcat conflict solr-tomcat6, because I think it's better to have
> an unversioned integration package.
done.

> - debian/copyright should extend your copyrigth for debian/* to 2010
done.

> - Why are the tests disabled? Are you sure any failed tests do not
> indicate a broken install for some usage scenario?
I've done a local rerun of the tests now. There are the following reasons for
failed tests:
- tests against contribs that have not been included
- we patched example config and the test can't write to /var/lib/solr/data
- One test is broken. It want's to test the presence of HTTP Headers but falls
over an additional "must-revalidate".

It would surely be nice, to have the tests run, but I'd consider it rather a
nice to have at this point and don't have time to get it done. The tests have
been run by upstream, we've not modified the source and I'll put this SOLR
packaging at production shortly. So I'd hopefully be the first one to be hit
by any errors.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Matthew Johnson

On Fri Feb 12 17:57, Thomas Koch wrote:
> thanks for your review. I've uploaded an updated version to mentors:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/solr
>
> @mjj: Please be so kind to sponsor if you're satisfied.

solr depends on default-jdk-builddep and is pulling in gcj. It should probably
be depending on default-jdk instead.

matt

--
Matthew Johnson