Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Thomas Koch

Default compile JSP in jetty for SOLR1.4

Hi,

I'm trying to finish the packaging of SOLR1.4. I'm failing so far to get SOLR
running in JETTY.
There's a symling in /usr/share/jetty/webapps/solr, pointing to
/usr/share/solr.

In /usr/share/solr are (beneth other files):
index.jsp
WEB-INF
WEB-INF/lib/SOME-DEPS*.jar
WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml
WEB-INF/weblogic.xml
WEB-INF/web.xml

No Jetty log says:
NO JSP Support for /solr, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

After adding jasper.jar to the classpath in start.config I get:
failed jsp: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
failed
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@3295cfbe{/solr,file:/var/lib/jetty/webapps/solr/}:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
failed ContextHandlerCollection@979dce4:
org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory]

???

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Onkar Shinde

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to finish the packaging of SOLR1.4. I'm failing so far to get SOLR
> running in JETTY.
> There's a symling in /usr/share/jetty/webapps/solr, pointing to
> /usr/share/solr.
>
> In /usr/share/solr are (beneth other files):
> index.jsp
> WEB-INF
> WEB-INF/lib/SOME-DEPS*.jar
> WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml
> WEB-INF/weblogic.xml
> WEB-INF/web.xml
>
> No Jetty log says:
> NO JSP Support for /solr, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
>
> After adding jasper.jar to the classpath in start.config I get:
> failed jsp: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
> failed
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@3295cfbe{/solr,file:/var/lib/jetty/webapps/solr/}:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
> failed ContextHandlerCollection@979dce4:
> org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory]

Short term - Add /usr/share/java/tomcat-juli.jar to runtime classpath.
Long term - jasper.jar should have an entry tomcat-juli.jar in
MANIFEST.MF since it is a runtime dependency.

Onkar