Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Vincent Fourmond

Default Java plugin on icewasel - stopped working

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Heikki Levanto <heikki@lsd.dk> wrote:

> The first exception is
> *load: class JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class not found.
> *java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class
> and looking deeper in the stack, I see
> *Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Network is unreachable
>
> Now, obviously my network is reachable, since I get to the test page. Is
> there some kind of security thing preventing the java plugin from loading the
> applet?

See

Painful. You'll find several workarounds there (pick up the first one).

Cheers,

Vincent

Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Damien Raude-Morvan

Hi Heikki,

On 08/02/2010 14:01, Heikki Levanto wrote:

I have a workstation running Debian/Squeeze, with sun java and iceweasel
installed (6-16-1), but no java applets seem to work. They did work some
weeks ago. I have updated my system a few times ion between

[...]

Now, obviously my network is reachable, since I get to the test page. Is
there some kind of security thing preventing the java plugin from loading the
applet?

[...]

Java console when accessing any page with a java applet:

[...]

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Network is unreachable

[...]

You issue seems linked to this one : http://bugs.debian.org/560056.
"net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 breaks java networking"

You can "hot fix" that by doing :
sudo sed -i 's/net.ipv6.bindv6only = 1/net.ipv6.bindv6only = 0/'
/etc/sysctl.d/bindv6only.conf && sudo invoke-rc.d procps restart

FYI, this is an upstream issue

Cheers,
--
Damien Raude-Morvan

Old 02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Heikki Levanto

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 02:51:22PM +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
> > *load: class JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class not found.
> > *java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class
> > and looking deeper in the stack, I see
> > *Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Network is unreachable

> Painful. You'll find several workarounds there (pick up the first one).

Thank you! I would never had found this on my own. Now it works just fine!

- Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto "In Murphy We Turst" heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk