Old 02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Niels Thykier

Default RFS: jasper (eclipse dependency)

Hi

I am (partly) reviving jasper (a part of the tomcat5.5 package) for the
sake of keeping eclipse in main. I have reduced the tar.gz and removed
(to eclipse) all irrelevant binary-packages/jars.

Here is the latest changelog entry:
jasper (5.5.26-4) unstable; urgency=low

* Discard all binary packages and put jasper in its own package.
* Bumped debhelper compat to 7.
* Switched to cdbs instead of home-made debian/rules.
* Changed source to 3.0 (quilt) and moved all changes in the diff.gz
into its own patch.
* Bumped Standard-Versions to 3.8.4.
- Refer to common-licenses for apache2 license.
- Change section to java.
* Added README.source to explain how to create the orig.tar.gz.
* Removed README.Debian and NEWS, they do not apply to the new
package.

-- Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:23:06 +0100

The package is available on the pkg-java SVN and can also be downloaded
from:

http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s072425/debian/jasper_5.5.26-4.dsc

Please note: I never got this package to work with svn-buildpackage. For
some reason the tar.gz is never extracted before it starts building
which (for obvious reasons) causes a FTBFS.

~Niels

Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Torsten Werner

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> I am (partly) reviving jasper (a part of the tomcat5.5 package) for the
> sake of keeping eclipse in main. I have reduced the tar.gz and removed
> (to eclipse) all irrelevant binary-packages/jars.

uploaded

Cheers,
Torsten