Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 AM
"Paul Wise"

Default icedtea status?

On Dec 29, 2007 8:43 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is holding the Ubuntu icedtea package out of
> Debian?

I read on IRC that the icedtea package was rejected from NEW, is there
any information about why or progress on the issues that caused it to
be rejected?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 02-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Michael Koch

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 01:11:49PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 8:43 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what is holding the Ubuntu icedtea package out of
> > Debian?
>
> I read on IRC that the icedtea package was rejected from NEW, is there
> any information about why or progress on the issues that caused it to
> be rejected?

Only some trivial things. Missing content in -doc package. Too many
lintian issues. Nothing heavy. Fix package will eb uploaded soon.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
"Paul Wise"

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:

> Only some trivial things. Missing content in -doc package. Too many
> lintian issues. Nothing heavy. Fix package will eb uploaded soon.

Any update on how the new upload is going?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Michael Koch

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:57:32PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Only some trivial things. Missing content in -doc package. Too many
> > lintian issues. Nothing heavy. Fix package will eb uploaded soon.
>
> Any update on how the new upload is going?

We just had a telco about this and I hope we will have openjdk6 in
Debian in a not too distant future.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
"Paul Wise"

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:

> We just had a telco about this and I hope we will have openjdk6 in
> Debian in a not too distant future.

Not sure what you mean by telco, but anyway. Doesn't openjdk6 include
the binary blobs, and icedtea6 is the one that could go into main?
Ubuntu seems to have icedtea7, would it be useful to have icedtea7
instead or to have both?

Old 03-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Michael Koch

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 01:29:45AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > We just had a telco about this and I hope we will have openjdk6 in
> > Debian in a not too distant future.
>
> Not sure what you mean by telco, but anyway. Doesn't openjdk6 include
> the binary blobs, and icedtea6 is the one that could go into main?
> Ubuntu seems to have icedtea7, would it be useful to have icedtea7
> instead or to have both?

Telco means telephone conference with some people.

Well, our openjdk6 package will be SUNs openjdk6+icedtea6.

Icedtea7 uses openjdk7 which is a moving target and expected to released
in mid 2009 or later. That is nothing we can use as 'stable' basis.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM
David Herron

Paul Wise wrote:

We just had a telco about this and I hope we will have openjdk6 in
Debian in a not too distant future.

Not sure what you mean by telco, but anyway. Doesn't openjdk6 include
the binary blobs, and icedtea6 is the one that could go into main?
Ubuntu seems to have icedtea7, would it be useful to have icedtea7
instead or to have both?

We have been working diligently to get binary dependencies cleared in
OpenJDK 6.* The source tree is already clear or extremely close.* The
build instructions however continue saying to use an existing JDK for
bootstrap.

If you wish to help us get OpenJDK 6 to a fully deblobbed/undependant
state we'd appreciate some help.

- David Herron