Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM
"Damien Raude-Morvan"

Default RFS : sqlline

Hi,

Le Saturday 02 August 2008 00:40:41 Matthew Johnson, vous avez écrit*:
> I've also had a look at sqlline:
>
> - if (as README.Debian suggests) it is only useful with a jdbc driver
> it should probably depend (or at the very least recommend) a jdbc
> driver. I'd Depend on all of them as alternatives (those that are
> packaged).

Initially, it's exactly what I've done in debian/control. But I then remember
using sqlline with Oracle or Firebird JDBC drivers which are not in Debian : I
don't want to force debian users installing a package they don't need so I
downgraded that to a Suggests.
But you're right, we may concentrate on what Debian is providing.

> - debian/copyright claims BSD licence, but the LICENSE in the tarball
> says GPLv2, which is it?

It's really weird :
- Upstream website say BSD licence [1] and links to [2]
- Source code is under 3-clauses BSD : src/sqlline/SqlLine.java
- root LICENCE file is GPLv2

I've re-downloaded upstream tarball to double check that but I got exactly the
same file. I'll try to contact upstream author on this issue.

[1] http://sqlline.sourceforge.net/#license
[2] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

Good night,
--