-   -   Content Filtering (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/81573-content-filtering.html)

Armin ranjbar 05-04-2008 07:32 AM

Content Filtering

Hi list ,

I'm looking for some network firewall content filtering tool , i have
noticed that l7-filter.sf.net does exactly what i want but its out dated
and development is stopped , do you know any alternative ?

--
Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

Burkhard Ott 05-04-2008 10:58 AM

Content Filtering

Am Sun, 04 May 2008 10:10:08 +0200 schrieb Armin ranjbar:

> Hi list ,
>
> I'm looking for some network firewall content filtering tool , i have
> noticed that l7-filter.sf.net does exactly what i want but its out dated
> and development is stopped , do you know any alternative ?
>
> --
> Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

squid?

Armin ranjbar 05-04-2008 11:51 AM

Content Filtering

On Sun, 4 May 2008 12:58:09 +0200
Burkhard Ott <news@derith.de> wrote:

> Am Sun, 04 May 2008 10:10:08 +0200 schrieb Armin ranjbar:
>
> > Hi list ,
> >
> > I'm looking for some network firewall content filtering tool , i have
> > noticed that l7-filter.sf.net does exactly what i want but its out
> > dated and development is stopped , do you know any alternative ?
> >
> > --
> > Armin ranjbar , System Administrator
> >

> squid?

Tcp content filtering , like detecting HTTPS,pop3, etc traffic

--
Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

Matus UHLAR - fantomas 05-04-2008 12:06 PM

Content Filtering

On 04.05.08 12:58, Burkhard Ott wrote:
> squid?

squid is http-only proxy, currently incapable of filtering other protocols.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Burkhard Ott 05-04-2008 05:47 PM

Content Filtering

then try ipp2p (http://www.ipp2p.org)

Andrea Gozzi 05-04-2008 09:43 PM

Content Filtering

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 19:47 +0200, Burkhard Ott wrote:

> > On 04.05.08 12:58, Burkhard Ott wrote:
> >> squid?
> >
> > squid is http-only proxy, currently incapable of filtering other protocols.
>

> then try ipp2p (http://www.ipp2p.org)

I've been using ipp2p for months now on a public wifi and it works
great. Very easy to setup too.
Note that it can be bypassed with a BT client like azureus that supports
packet encryption but that happened like 3 times in over a 2'000
connections.

Andrea

Armin ranjbar 05-05-2008 05:12 AM

Content Filtering

On Sun, 4 May 2008 19:47:21 +0200
Burkhard Ott <news@derith.de> wrote:

> > On 04.05.08 12:58, Burkhard Ott wrote:
> >> squid?
> >
> > squid is http-only proxy, currently incapable of filtering other
> > protocols.
>

> then try ipp2p (http://www.ipp2p.org)

Thanks , its nice , but its p2p specific , Im looking for generic
solution .

--
Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

"Mario Spinthiras" 05-05-2008 06:23 AM

Content Filtering

get an asa?

> > On 04.05.08 12:58, Burkhard Ott wrote:

> >> squid?

> > squid is http-only proxy, currently incapable of filtering other

> > protocols.

> then try ipp2p (http://www.ipp2p.org)

> listmaster@lists.debian.org

Thanks , its nice , but its p2p specific , Im looking for generic

solution .

--

Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras
Nicosia , Cyprus
Blog: http://www.spinthiras.net
Mail: mspinthiras@gmail.com

Skype: smario125

Armin ranjbar 05-05-2008 08:29 AM

Content Filtering

On Mon, 5 May 2008 09:23:19 +0300
"Mario Spinthiras" <mspinthiras@gmail.com> wrote:

> get an asa?

I'm looking for open source softwares :)

--
Armin ranjbar , System Administrator

"Mario Spinthiras" 05-05-2008 08:33 AM

Content Filtering

Oh sorry. Then you should try out hogwash. http://hogwash.sourceforge.net/ . If you do try it , let me know because Ive heard heaps about it but couldn't find the time to play about with it 101%. ;) But never the less I have heard many positive words on Hogwash.