Old 04-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Michael Loftis

Default Postfix configuration

--On April 22, 2008 1:32:19 AM +0200 Roberto Giuliari
<roberto.giuliari@liberobit.net> wrote:

I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.

The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.

I have a problem with smtp session.
There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't
send email.
'SMTP error...'

We'll need the error if you expect us to help. You might try adjusting the
number of smtpd's limit in the master.cf file. The default might be too
low for your installation.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Andrea Gozzi

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 01:32 +0200, Roberto Giuliari wrote:
> I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
> postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.
>
> The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.
>
> I have a problem with smtp session.
> There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't send
> email.
> 'SMTP error...'

If you really want people on this list to try help you, please provide
what is recommended here: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

Andrea

Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Roberto Giuliari

Michael Loftis ha scritto:
> --On April 22, 2008 1:32:19 AM +0200 Roberto Giuliari
> <roby@liberobit.net> wrote:
>
>> I've installed a Debian GNU/Linux server with
>> postfix+courier-ldap+amavis+clamav.
>>
>> The server receive 8000 good mail and 150000 spam mail per day.
>>
>> I have a problem with smtp session.
>> There are normaly 30 smtp active session and sometimes the client can't
>> send email.
>> 'SMTP error...'
>
> We'll need the error if you expect us to help. You might try adjusting
> the number of smtpd's limit in the master.cf file. The default might
> be too low for your installation.

Thank you very much for your replay.
There are many parameters to set.
First I analyzed the traffic and then I adgiusted firewall, spam and
postfix parameters.

--
Roby