Old 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
"C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP"

Default PPPoE access server

Thank you Adria,

I was able to use the pppoe-server binary from the pppoe package to
listen for and respond to discovery packets. I'm using the radius ppp
module to delegate authentication to FreeRADIUS. This is all working
well for me. I plan to spend a little time hooking up an LDAP server so
that I don't have to edit /etc/freeradius/users file every time I get a
new subscriber.

Perhaps I'll write a perl web front end to managing subscribers with
LDAP...

Cheers,

C.J.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Roberto Scattini

hi,*

> For us, mpd is another category of service clean and lightweight.

Yeah, i will check mpd, thanks for the insights.

what is mpd?*--
Roberto Scattini

Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Alex Montoanelli

http://mpd.sourceforge.net/--

Alex Montoanelli

**Unetvale

**+55 48 3263 8789

**INOC 53175*100

Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
"Adrian Minta"

MySQL is the most common FreeRADIUS backend. Also, search for "dialupadmin".