-   -   Phpmyadmin setup under Apache (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/711753-phpmyadmin-setup-under-apache.html)

"Charlie" 10-12-2012 12:20 PM

Phpmyadmin setup under Apache

I have a small server I’m setting up.* It has Apache, MySQL, php,
phpmyadmin, along with a wiki and phpbb implementation.
*
When I set it up, I moved mediawiki, phpbb, and phpmyadmin under /var/www
so that I can back up everything starting at /var/www .* This move was done
at system level.* Then I editted the correct files to give me access to
phpmyadmin, mediawiki, and phpbb, all from a browser.** Basic access
works fine.* Access to phpmyadmin/setup does not.* The problem is that
when I try to browse to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/setup,
I get an Apache authentication dialog.* When I browse to http://lcalhost/phpmyadmin, I do
not.
*
The entire server has a root/username combination that won’t let me get to
phpmyadmin/setup.* That same combination logs me into the server from
remote and logs me into mysql and phpmyadmin to manage mysql.* I just can’t
get past the Apache2 login to manage phpmyadmin.
*
How can I get rid of this, or how can I log into phpmyadmin/setup?