Old 12-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Victor Nitu

Default isc-dhcp-server not spawning at boot time, workaround needed

Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Thomas Goirand

On 12/06/2011 06:08 PM, Victor Nitu wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I wonder if anybody here has a workaround for issue #605657 [1],
> the DHCP server not starting when only alias interfaces have an address.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605657

Why do you use interface aliases in the first place? If that is only for
having multiple IP addresses on a single interface, then you can do:

ifconfig eth0 add <another-ip>

and even put that in your /etc/network/interfaces (or even better, use
"ip" rather than "ifconfig").

Thomas