Old 10-29-2011, 01:18 PM
"Jose Claudio Claudelino(Smart Union - jclaudelino@smartunion.com.br )"

Default RES: Oracle on Debian.. or Red Hat?

Mr. Guzman,

You are correctly in your answer.
I had
the same problem, as the major Server´s vendor just homologated Suse or RedHat.
And at that time I asked help to DELL and ORACLE, but their technicians acted as
robots, following the guidelines not listening anything I said.

And Mr. Bergeró , nowaday it is better have a good
extra-support provided by Oracle,*and it is directly related the OS you
have, as Guzman told us. Obviously, if your boss would go to Debian (I love
Debian), just write down a cust/benefit list to him (via email), showing all
caveats, as the decision is up to
him...

Regards,**

José Cláudio
Claudelino

Smart Union Consultoria e Soluções em Tecnologia
(Brasil)
http://www.smartunion.com.br

(
Tel: + 55 (11) 5096-2002 Ramal 216