Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Craig Sanders

Default alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:23:56PM -0500, Dan MacNeil wrote:
> The "highly experimental" bit seems like the author is more cautious than
> most people..
>
> From the home page
>
> http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/
>
> ...It has been running in production for a few years for some large
> sites.
>
> Does apache2-mpm-itk require a seperate process for each vhost ?

it's a preforking apache MPM. it works like the standard
apache2-mpm-prefork except that it runs particular vhosts as a
particular uid.

IIRC (which may be wrong), once it runs an apache process as a
particular user, that process can only service requests for that
vhost/user...it stays around until apache's process limit rules kill it.

i use it as my standard apache2 mpm these days. install it as a matter
of routine on web servers, and expect i will contrinue to do so except
there's a particular need for one of the threading servers (i haven't
had such a need yet).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

BOFH excuse #281:

The co-locator cannot verify the frame-relay gateway to the ISDN server.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Craig Sanders