-   -   rsyslogd logging to MySQL Database (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/556508-rsyslogd-logging-mysql-database.html)

debian 07-24-2011 09:55 PM

rsyslogd logging to MySQL Database

Hi all! First time posting to the list, but have been following it
almost religiously :)

I am wanting to send all logged to a remote syslogd/rsyslogd server and
was wondering if there was a way that I can have all the logs recorded
to a MySQL database running on the log server? This would not be Debian
specific as my environment has several *NIX machines running different
distributions.

Leo Goehrs 07-24-2011 10:00 PM

rsyslogd logging to MySQL Database

Of course you may, at least we do it, we have syslog sending to a gew central syslog-ng, and syslog-ng is able to log to a mysql database because it is able to correctly format the logs, then write to a fifo file, which is read by a script and inserted into the mysql database, being further more viewed using php-syslog.

Regards

Leo goehrs

debian 07-24-2011 10:06 PM

rsyslogd logging to MySQL Database