Old 07-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Emmanuel Kasper

Default Confused by the different handling of debconf questions when using dpkg-reconfigure

Am 2011-07-12 11:43, schrieb Thomas Goirand:

> [...]

yes this is clear, I was just wondering why does debconf use a different
different sets of question ( hence maybe a different priority level ) in
pre-install phase versus calling dpkg-reconfigure later

Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Bachsau WebWorX

When installing it should only to ask questions, that are necessary to
run the software. dpkg-reconfigure assumes that you realy want to
configure it, which is why it's asking you every question, regardless of
priority.