-   -   Confused by the different handling of debconf questions when using dpkg-reconfigure (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/551415-confused-different-handling-debconf-questions-when-using-dpkg-reconfigure.html)

Emmanuel Kasper 07-12-2011 09:54 AM

Am 2011-07-12 11:43, schrieb Thomas Goirand:

> [...]

yes this is clear, I was just wondering why does debconf use a different
different sets of question ( hence maybe a different priority level ) in
pre-install phase versus calling dpkg-reconfigure later

Bachsau WebWorX 07-12-2011 09:57 AM

Confused by the different handling of debconf questions when using dpkg-reconfigure

When installing it should only to ask questions, that are necessary to
run the software. dpkg-reconfigure assumes that you realy want to
configure it, which is why it's asking you every question, regardless of
priority.