-   -   Confused by the different handling of debconf questions when using dpkg-reconfigure (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-isp/551383-confused-different-handling-debconf-questions-when-using-dpkg-reconfigure.html)

Emmanuel Kasper 07-12-2011 07:54 AM

Confused by the different handling of debconf questions when using dpkg-reconfigure

Hello
I notice that when I install postfix, it asks me then a couple of
questions using debconf, and create then a default configuration file
using my answers.

If I call now `dpkg-reconfigure postfix` debconf asks me the same
questions PLUS a bunch of new questions which I did not have in the
first in the first place. I find it confusing.

Is i a bug, a feature, am I missing something ?

Manu